2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2017-2018 Tank

Postby shakespeare » January 11, 2018, 3:51 pm

Hate to say, but it appears New York has entered No-Mans Land; not good enough to reach playoffs and not bad enough for a high lottery pick.

Isn’t this the scenario we’d all hoped to avoid?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » January 11, 2018, 3:54 pm

shakespeare wrote:Hate to say, but it appears New York has entered No-Mans Land; not good enough to reach playoffs and not bad enough for a high lottery pick.

The absolute worst case scenario. I saw this 4 weeks ago.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » January 11, 2018, 3:57 pm

shakespeare wrote:Hate to say, but it appears New York has entered No-Mans Land; not good enough to reach playoffs and not bad enough for a high lottery pick.

Is this where we will stay? Doubtful.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » January 11, 2018, 4:01 pm

Spree you think it will get better or worse?
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » January 11, 2018, 4:04 pm

Don Che wrote:Spree you think it will get better or worse?

My bet is still (all along) on 30 wins, but I'm fine if the team proves me wrong. I am also fine whether we draft at 6 or 15. I could work with both as a GM. :happy:
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby PistolPete » January 11, 2018, 11:10 pm

Just remember guys, Giannis was the 15th pick in the draft.

Keep hope alive!
PistolPete

Postby Don Che » January 12, 2018, 10:08 am

the last 2 posts is the frame of mind ive had coming into this season.
Don Che

Postby Don Che » January 12, 2018, 12:46 pm

not for nothing...is it just me or did Beasley in college look very similar to Bagley does now? if anything Beasley was stronger...bagley is a little taller in height...beasley has a higher wingspan though.

i just dont think Bagley will score against guys as athletic and longer than he is. His jumper would need to be automatic. major red flag for me are players that are compared to other players but are much smaller...KG/Bosh/Odom are all guys Bagley is compared to and all 3 of those guys had much bigger frames at that age range.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » January 12, 2018, 1:18 pm

We'll find out in acc and ncaa championship; whether he can compete against better defenders will become clear.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » January 12, 2018, 5:21 pm

Bamba is the biggest risk good and bad in the top 5...He seems more coordinated/skilled than Gobert was at that age but Gobert seems to be stronger and better vertical

Bamba/KP/Frank ....im not sure how i'd compare that type of make up to any other team i can think of...KP needs another guy to drop 20 but he also needs another big thats a plus defender. I'm willing to take the best talent at any position from 2-5
Don Che

Postby taowave » January 12, 2018, 6:08 pm

Would anyone take a cheap shot at Stanley Johnson??

I'm talking second rounder
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » January 12, 2018, 8:48 pm

Don Che wrote:not for nothing...is it just me or did Beasley in college look very similar to Bagley does now? if anything Beasley was stronger...bagley is a little taller in height...beasley has a higher wingspan though.

i just dont think Bagley will score against guys as athletic and longer than he is. His jumper would need to be automatic. major red flag for me are players that are compared to other players but are much smaller...KG/Bosh/Odom are all guys Bagley is compared to and all 3 of those guys had much bigger frames at that age range.

Just you dude. Bagley is a legit 6'11, Beasely measured at 6'8.25 with shoes at the combine. Beasely was a beast though at that level and seeing what he can do now it makes sense, but also makes sense why he is what he is at this level.

Bagley already shoots better than Beasely ever did. He's better coached and has more competition on his own team than Beasely ever did. The comparisons are lazy at best so dont worry about them. KG/Odom/Noah? First off we already know those player aren't anything alike and have vastly different skillets. If anything, you just made a better comparison without realizing it. He plays exactly like Beasely except with a better shooting touch and 6'11. But what I mean is he's constantly facing and attacking the basket. It's all about TAKES with his style. Big men will be in constant foul trouble trying to stop his drives or he'll sink shoot when they back off but he's airways initiating the contact, utilizing eurosteps. Ieurostep.
I'd draft him and tell KP he better hit the weights cuz you're moving to C
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » January 12, 2018, 9:06 pm

Don Che wrote:Bamba is the biggest risk good and bad in the top 5...He seems more coordinated/skilled than Gobert was at that age but Gobert seems to be stronger and better vertical

Bamba/KP/Frank ....im not sure how i'd compare that type of make up to any other team i can think of...KP needs another guy to drop 20 but he also needs another big thats a plus defender. I'm willing to take the best talent at any position from 2-5

Bamba is a player I'm watching a lot lately. You could definitely make a case for any of the other 2 bigs slated in the top 10 based on the ability to score. I think Ayton will be an elite two way C but part of that eliteness IS 2 way ability. Bamba doesn't have that but if you wanna talk about defense Bamba may be a generational talent and I mean in a whole generation. You're right about Gobert but keep in mind Goberts supposed to be stronger, he's a vet. Id sell him as a mobile Gobert. A guy who can block 2-3 shots per game and still guard the perimeter. In my last post I bashed the Garnett/Bosh comparison. I actually think at least defensively like they are a better comparison for Bamba. I remember Bosh on Miami for about a 2 yr span was the best defensive big in the league not because he blocked everything, but because he could guard pick and roll, even guard pg iso at 6'11. Well Bamba has almost that level of half court mobility and is a better rim protector. It's really unreal.

A guy like you, who has never doubted KPs ability to be a star should in theory salivate over Bamba. He's the prefect compliment but you wanna stop short of saying role player cause again, we're talking generational level role here on defense and rebounding.

Now you understand why I'm so adamant about improving our draft position. You can't watch this team and believe that all we lack are a couple smart hard working role players. And when I say that I'm implying guys of the Courtney Lee max potential tier. I like guys like that, no doubt. But you find guys like that after you've established your core and I don't believe we've established that core without another lottery level talent
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » January 12, 2018, 9:29 pm

There's three Cs in the lottery right now where all of a sudden your plan of letting Kanter expire makes sense. Peace out Kanter. And in my best wishes, Bamba/Ayton/Jackson is my starting C, our backup C is WHG and we're developing a PF like Beasely.

Anybody like Beasley in the second round?
Last edited by nazrmohamed on January 12, 2018, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby rebound » January 12, 2018, 10:24 pm

knicks still have a chance at a bottom 5 record if they play their cards right.

Last edited by rebound on January 12, 2018, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby nazrmohamed » January 12, 2018, 11:07 pm

taowave wrote:Would anyone take a cheap shot at Stanley Johnson??

I'm talking second rounder

Absolutely I would.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby PistolPete » January 12, 2018, 11:09 pm

The Tank is back on baby!!
PistolPete

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » January 12, 2018, 11:44 pm

Its time this shit team better not fuc it up
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby spree#8 » January 13, 2018, 5:15 am

nazrmohamed wrote:There's three Cs in the lottery right now where all of a sudden your plan of letting Kanter expire makes sense. Peace out Kanter. And in my best wishes, Bamba/Ayton/Jackson is my starting C, our backup C is WHG and we're developing a PF like Beasely.

Anybody like Beasley in the second round?

Kanter doesn't expire before 2019. Why shouldn't he keep his 18.6 mill for next season and sign a longer deal in 2019 when he is still only 27? Makes much more sense for him IMO.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 13, 2018, 8:45 am

Idk. C is a very tricky position to value right now, so if he gets a nice long term offer this year he might seriously consider it instead of playing out his contract and risking a "nerlens noel" next year
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks