2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Please god, just lose all 3 games. And I wanna get blown out. Erase any hope that we can win this season. Sounds horrible I know but those 3 games could change our franchise, lest I wake up and find out the knick trade Oquinn for say.......Batum cuz Batum takes us into the next tier.

Please god, the knocks haven't won an upgrade trade since Larry Johnson. Just let us lose all three. I don't trust my own team and knowing us we'll trade our own lotto pick. Please.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

word...12 isnt bad...i'd go vanderbilt

but if we can get to 7 bruh...id be hype. I just dont want sexton or knox
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

spree#8 wrote:Next three games could/should be the make or break games of the season. If we win all three, the team probably keeps pushing, if we lose all three, the youth gets inserted.
Well, we lost again.........that ends the first proposed scenario of yours.

We are now 7 games UNDER .500..........I don't think an additional win or 2 will return any hopes for playoffs.

It's done, Perry needs to get the tank in high gear (aka start cutting Jack's minutes AND start getting those trades ready)
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Well now they are 5 games out of the playoffs and 6 out of the number 1 pick

And the schedule is rough upcoming
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

@sun's and vs nets are winnable games though hoping for loses
Fxck Adam Silver
Nononsense
Likes given: 0

big_j_NY wrote:It's done, Perry needs to get the tank in high gear (aka start cutting Jack's minutes AND start getting those trades ready)
Thing is, cutting Jack's minutes and increasing Frank's and Burke's would probably lead to more wins. How's that for irony?
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:word...12 isnt bad...i'd go vanderbilt

Not to judge, just curious why. I wanna see if we got the same flaws.
nazrmohamed

Shit, we might have to keep Jack in and bench Burke. The kid is playing too well. But seriously I don't see why once the deadline passes we don't waive Jack and bring up Dotson.

Anyone remember Dotson?
Don Che

knox has the tools but he doesnt have much polish to his game. Hes not a creator at this stage..hes more of a 3/4 than a 3/2 and we need a playmaker on this roster in the worst way.

Sexton I'd take over knox but hes a bull in a china shop he doesnt think the game he attacks it..which is good but can be bad in abundance and this roster has too many holes to fill...before looking at a guy like him.

i mean hes compared to eric bledsoe.....and im not sure i want eric bledsoe here let alone a guy that can possible be him later lol
spree#8
Likes given: 540

nazrmohamed wrote:Shit, we might have to keep Jack in and bench Burke. The kid is playing too well. But seriously I don't see why once the deadline passes we don't waive Jack and bring up Dotson.

Anyone remember Dotson?
This is a funny comment, because sometimes I don't understand what people want: complain about some of the players out there being too bad, but the goal in mind to lose more. :hmm:
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

I think we are quite capable of tanking with Burke as well..
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:we need a playmaker on this roster in the worst way.
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

big_j_NY wrote:
Well, we lost again.........that ends the first proposed scenario of yours.

We are now 7 games UNDER .500..........I don't think an additional win or 2 will return any hopes for playoffs.

It's done, Perry needs to get the tank in high gear (aka start cutting Jack's minutes AND start getting those trades ready)
Sitting KP and Hardaway in different games seems to point in the "let's better our pick"-direction...
#knickstape
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

The NY media has now begun their media pressure against "heavy minutes on veterans" now
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN

The Knicks have lost 14 of their last 18 games. Courtney Lee (32 years old) leads the team in minutes. Jarrett Jack (34 years old) is third in minutes. Something will change.

I have a feeling Knicks management will cave soon and step in on Hornacek's coaching rotation decisions.......whether the young guys break the tank or not, it will be remembered that the young guys have to be the FOREFRONT of any potential run, not the veterans.
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:word...12 isnt bad...i'd go vanderbilt

12 is too high for Vanderbilt. I will say that I am intrigued by him but I don't trust him. You don't talk all the stuff I did and then take Vanderbilt this year. Now if we landed two picks and one was in the late teens and he's there, of course. I just think he could be a star or 13th man. I get the raw skills but he has like zero responsibility at Kentucky, unlike your other guy Mikal. His shot is straight up ugly. Nothing that you can't develop but its a reach. I'd rather grab Miles Bridges and although I know he's not a dribble/ drive/passer, I know what he does do.

To be honest I don't wanna be anywhere either of these players
Don Che

yeh at this point...if we end up with Miles....i'll be furious..not because i like him or not but because of how many check boxes we gotta fill and the amount he doesnt do to solve them.
ISIAH_THOMAS

Kevin Knox having a coming out party vs west Virginia great defensive team

Kevin Knox 34pts.. 5/8 from 3... 7/8 FT...7 rebounds.
Fxck Adam Silver
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:yeh at this point...if we end up with Miles....i'll be furious..not because i like him or not but because of how many check boxes we gotta fill and the amount he doesnt do to solve them.
I would be ecstatic to land Miles Bridges. Idk what's your issue with him. He checks plenty of boxes. The guy is averaging 18pts/7rb/2.8Ast with a .607TSP. He is a great FT shooter who gets to the line regularly, he finishes well and attract has nba size at 6'7 230lbs. I wouldn't say he's your teams "defender" per se but he does play defense and he's got a great attitude.

I envision him as a guy who can step right in and perform with 2 yrs under his belt and great physical attributes, as opposed to other prospects who may or may not have a higher ceiling.

I think Miles problem is sometimes when you're actually productive everybody tries to break it down while others showing far less get the potential label and people like potential. That's not to say Miles doesn't have potential but I would agree if people would say less than other prospects. But in terms of boxes checked

-nba ready. What's the point in "potential" boxes if we gotta wait 3 years. Miles will do it next year
-rebounding. We all know KP can't board so if you can find surrounding players that do it can't hurt
-Scoring. Everybody says they got enough scoring until Timmy get hurt, or KPs anemia acts up. You're talking bonafide 2nd to 3rd opt-in scoring here
-defense. He's a decent two way player
shakespeare

Good commentary on Miles. Like everyone else, he comes with strengths and weaknesses. Yet he’s exciting and definitely a player, or another player, I wouldn’t mind seeing in a Knick uniform.

If interested, here’s an article on Bridges. https://www.theringer.com/2017/2/17/160 ... 747d628e16
Last edited by shakespeare on January 29th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTank
Don Che

wildin......you can't bring up how bad this team is and come to the table with Miles Bridges....his weaknesses isthe teams weaknesses

I'm a huge fan of his as a player and I think hes gonna be a solid pro.....but I'd be ok with a solid pro IF...we were a playoff team.

but if we were in the lottery...i want someone that can impact both sides of the floor. I'd go with Mikal over Miles because of that.