4/12/17: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers (8:00 pm)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 4/12/17: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers (8:00 pm)

Postby cragganmor » April 14, 2017, 4:52 pm

that player is someone that is willing to pass the ball to kp and whg. it was no coincidence that kp played best with jennings because brandon made it a point to look for kp; something that rose was unwilling/unable to do. that's why i'm not too concerned with missing out on dsj or fox, frank n is a very willing passer and will play tough d on opposing pg's; he has the chance to be a defensive disruptor that will manufacture offense in transition.
cragganmor

Postby big_j_NY » April 14, 2017, 8:19 pm

cragganmor wrote:that player is someone that is willing to pass the ball to kp and whg. it was no coincidence that kp played best with jennings because brandon made it a point to look for kp; something that rose was unwilling/unable to do. that's why i'm not too concerned with missing out on dsj or fox, frank n is a very willing passer and will play tough d on opposing pg's; he has the chance to be a defensive disruptor that will manufacture offense in transition.

I disagree on your assessment on Fox, I think he can be a far more willing passer. Prior to the national tournament, Fox was actually dropping around 7 to 9 dimes at times in a good portion of Kentucky's regular season games.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » April 15, 2017, 6:10 pm

Yeah, idk why craggs would say that unless he's just saying that when the Knicks pick those two would be out of range, and he'd still be fine with Ntikilina, to which Id agree. But DSJ is an amazing passer, AMAZING. I'm talking about thread the needle between two defenders legs, to a guy cutting to the basket with a bounce pass good. Probably the best passer out of the three in terms of degree of difficulty passes. Fox not far behind with his ability to do the dump off after the drive. Then he hits shooters off curls with expert timing. Frank is probably the worst passer in this group. Not to say he's a bad passer, i don't think people understand how close the differences in talent are in this draft. Everyone can play. In reality the strength of this draft isn't that there a once per generation player. I don't think Fultz or Ball are that far ahead of the rest of the pack. I do agree they have the potential to be the best players, but after them you're looking at a 3-8 grouping thats all pretty close in star potential and also not that far off from 1&2. Which is exactly why I would trade down if Im at pick 3.

But just being realistic, Id love Frank. Keep in mind though I tend to show more patience than y'all do. Remember, Frank would be the youngest player in this draft. He might take 2 seasons to even be productive. Will you sour on him? Gotta make a pact with yourself that no matter what, you're willing to watch him fall, struggle, suck even for the long term picture and then keep in mind KP isn't a rookie anymore so its not like it'll be the Frank/KP show. It'lld be the KP/Willy or KP/Baker or whoever is more equipped at the moment for at least two seasons before Frank matures.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » April 15, 2017, 11:53 pm

duh, i wrote fox, was thinking monk. he takes a lot of contested jumpers, that won't fly well in the nba. he needs to take open shots that he can square up on, get his teammates more involved and play better d. undersized gunners have a difficult road to success.
cragganmor

Postby H20Knick » May 2, 2017, 12:57 pm

Irv, Rtn... our fearless leaders. I appreciate everything you guys do from the bottom of my heart

but you guys can really unsticky this thread now :LOL:
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

H20Knick wrote:Irv, Rtn... our fearless leaders. I appreciate everything you guys do from the bottom of my heart

but you guys can really unsticky this thread now :LOL:

At this point just leave it up until the lottery when Minnesota gets the #1 overall with the extra ping-pong balls. :(
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Previous

Return to New York Knicks