The Triangle

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

I dont mind the system he loves. I like it and i think its better than the other offenses weve had....

my only problem is....get players who fit that system. Thats my issue and let your coach be the coach..let him be the alpha of the team not you, not Melo...but Jeff.

Triangle is simple for guys who, pass well/move without the ball/post up/get to the rim

I've yet to see Phil actually commit to the system he loves based off his star players.

I havent seen us get a 2/3 that can pass the ball on this team yet how its Gods name can you say "yeh i want the triangle" but you get a pick and roll roster...that just isnt logical.

Afflalo can post up...but can't pass and barely defends
Melo post up, doesnt pass even tho he can
Noah, great passer, cant post up tho
Rose, can't pass but gets to the rim and doesnt post up
Lee(who i actually like), can't pass nor post up
Jennings, WTF about him makes you think he can actually play in this sytem?
Robin Lopez(who i also liked), doesnt really post up, doesnt really pass
Derrick Williams,.....wtf can he do?

Its really interesting because what we value as a team...isnt valued through the league so if anything guys we should want shouldnt be the hot commodity players in todays nba like ....pick and roll PG's and Bigs or D/3 wing guys...stay away from them go after wing players who are really playmakers.

KP/Will/Holiday/Baker/Kuz/Kyle/Plumlee are the only guys who fit our style...we need guys on a higher talent level to fit our style of play before we succeed with the system.

Josh Jackson...fits that mold, Lonzo's passing ability would fit/Fultz can score in everyway possible and can pass as well. Go into the draft to take a guy who fits how you want to play and be a top 3 option on your squad...and take a under the radar guy that fits how you play that may have been misused and see if he maximizes on his contract.

Lets look at it like this...before Nash got the SSOL system he wasnt an MVP candidate nor a top salary guy...but everything that system values...Nash was beyond excellent at.

Get our "steve nash" get a guy that does what we need excellently and pray the team hes on doesnt value him as much as we would. If we didnt have Will...I'd look at Nurkic, that guy does EVERYTHING we want in a big man..post up/pass/rebound even got some nasty to him..Portland got him for pennies because...Denver is all abotu spreading the floor for Jokic and shooting 3's. Understand your system and understand your roster because if you put passers outside of the PG position this system will flourish.