Hornacek - 4 Years As A Head Coach, 1 Winning Season...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Hornacek - 4 Years As A Head Coach, 1 Winning Season...

Postby Koopa Troopa » April 14, 2017, 3:32 pm

I agree that its hard to put blame on Hornacek. He did well in Phoenix developing young guys, hard to say what he would do with a veteran squad....since he had to deal with Phil, his triangle bullshit and whatever else. What other team has a GM that is back seat coaching...and not only that but doing it openly in the media throughout the entire year even during the offseason
Koopa Troopa

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » April 16, 2017, 1:07 pm

^^^
Well to his credit when Fisher was in Hornacek's position he went rogue and strayed away from the Triangle, even managed to have some level of success. I respect that a whole lot more than the route Hornacek Has taken...

Hornacek just comes off as a spineless wimp. He didn't have the respect of his players in Phoenix, our vets have called him out throughout the season, Phil obviously doesn't have any respect for him, and now Putback-P skipped out on the teams/management's final meeting. It's all a fuckin' mess...

Fuck Hornacek! Fuck Phil! And FUCK D'Antoni!!! Seeing him courtside irritates me.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Geolink » April 16, 2017, 2:08 pm

Waiting for the day that I read Hornacek bows out of his coaching position.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby nazrmohamed » April 16, 2017, 2:35 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
Well to his credit when Fisher was in Hornacek's position he went rogue and strayed away from the Triangle, even managed to have some level of success. I respect that a whole lot more than the route Hornacek Has taken...

Hornacek just comes off as a spineless wimp. He didn't have the respect of his players in Phoenix, our vets have called him out throughout the season, Phil obviously doesn't have any respect for him, and now Putback-P skipped out on the teams/management's final meeting. It's all a fuckin' mess...

Fuck Hornacek! Fuck Phil! And FUCK D'Antoni!!! Seeing him courtside irritates me.

Ive heard his players loved him in Pheonix minus a blowup from Marcus Morris. But the rest of what you said is true. Even one of his player supporters in sharing that support hinted that it all went awry when management started telling him who to play and coaches to fire. He ended up just doing everything they asked to buy himself another year and ended up getting let go anyway.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » April 18, 2017, 7:14 pm

^^^
Maybe but I don't remember seeing any players stepping in between Morris and Hornacek to diffuse the situation.

:?
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » April 19, 2017, 8:41 am

I think Jeff fits a younger group much behest than a bunch of vets....same way woodson handled vets much better than younger players.

Just bring Fisher back..we are still paying him anyway
Don Che

Postby Don Che » April 19, 2017, 4:15 pm

Rambis must be let go or moved off the coaching staff for Jeff to find trust for Phil.
Don Che

Postby noypi » April 19, 2017, 11:18 pm

Can't really judge Jeff's performance as HC considering that meddling twat Phil is shoving the stupid triangle in his face the whole year and he can't even choose his own coaching staff because Phil's boy Rambis is untouchable.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Don Che » April 20, 2017, 10:10 am

For me its a tough spot because at first i was happy to see the triangle go...then we started losing a bit..triangle comes back and i liked how the team played minus Rose/Melo going hero ball everyday
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 20, 2017, 10:58 am

The question is was it the addition of the Triangle or the subtraction of Melo and Rose?
taowave

Postby taowave » April 20, 2017, 10:59 am

:clap:
noypi wrote:Can't really judge Jeff's performance as HC considering that meddling twat Phil is shoving the stupid triangle in his face the whole year and he can't even choose his own coaching staff because Phil's boy Rambis is untouchable.
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 20, 2017, 12:01 pm

Well thats why i dont bash Jeff and Phil(in regards to this situation) like the rest of you do.

IDGAF what "system" you play if your best/highest paid/veteran players dont buy in..you'll lose.

Ofcourse a style of play should fit your players but in my mind...this system fits Melo's areas of the floor..it also fits Rose being able to attack but it takes patience

If your best players buy into what the coach wants you can have Mike Dantoni in 2017....if you dont..you get Mike Dantoni in 2011.

So yeh..you guys bash the triangle but I dont think you guys objectively see what that style of play really focuses on..because if you really did and thought about it..you'd want to see this team play it.

Melo isnt against just "the triangle" hes against anything that the ball isnt going from his hands to the rim...thats an issue with passing(along with defense) ...EVERY STYLE OF PLAY IN BASKETBALL HISTORY REVOLVES AROUND THOSE THINGS. Melo has all the talent in the world to change that..and if he did..we wouldnt be in this situation right now.

Phil shouldnt of given him the NTC...but if I was Phil 3 years ago..couple months on the job...id atleast want him back on the squad or atleast consider it..esp with all the "i love NY" stuff Melo says..you see a guy who can score with the best of them...figure u put him in a system you love and a system where he gets looks at the areas he likes...and he told him the issues he saw before he even played a game in that new contract...Melo is the man..but thats just it..hes the man..he doesnt really care if his team loses as long as he's a millionaire in a market that fits his best interest..i can't blame him..guy lives the dream but as a Knicks fan..i put some of our failures on him and i put him failing here...on HIM not anyone else...i almost lied...and Donnie Walsh, Melo and Donnie messed up Melo's tenure here.
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » April 20, 2017, 12:59 pm

noypi wrote:Can't really judge Jeff's performance as HC considering that meddling twat Phil is shoving the stupid triangle in his face the whole year and he can't even choose his own coaching staff because Phil's boy Rambis is untouchable.

YEP! :thumbsup:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » April 20, 2017, 1:09 pm

Don,one could make the excuse that Dolan forced Melo down Phil's throat. But as you said,the big question is why the NTC??

Phil has changed coaches over and over. Woodson which was understandable, Fisher and Rambis,which was really understandable.It makes Phil look like he's lost and without a plan.

Don Che wrote:Well thats why i dont bash Jeff and Phil(in regards to this situation) like the rest of you do.

IDGAF what "system" you play if your best/highest paid/veteran players dont buy in..you'll lose.

Ofcourse a style of play should fit your players but in my mind...this system fits Melo's areas of the floor..it also fits Rose being able to attack but it takes patience

If your best players buy into what the coach wants you can have Mike Dantoni in 2017....if you dont..you get Mike Dantoni in 2011.

So yeh..you guys bash the triangle but I dont think you guys objectively see what that style of play really focuses on..because if you really did and thought about it..you'd want to see this team play it.

Melo isnt against just "the triangle" hes against anything that the ball isnt going from his hands to the rim...thats an issue with passing(along with defense) ...EVERY STYLE OF PLAY IN BASKETBALL HISTORY REVOLVES AROUND THOSE THINGS. Melo has all the talent in the world to change that..and if he did..we wouldnt be in this situation right now.

Phil shouldnt of given him the NTC...but if I was Phil 3 years ago..couple months on the job...id atleast want him back on the squad or atleast consider it..esp with all the "i love NY" stuff Melo says..you see a guy who can score with the best of them...figure u put him in a system you love and a system where he gets looks at the areas he likes...and he told him the issues he saw before he even played a game in that new contract...Melo is the man..but thats just it..hes the man..he doesnt really care if his team loses as long as he's a millionaire in a market that fits his best interest..i can't blame him..guy lives the dream but as a Knicks fan..i put some of our failures on him and i put him failing here...on HIM not anyone else...i almost lied...and Donnie Walsh, Melo and Donnie messed up Melo's tenure here.
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 20, 2017, 1:45 pm

Woodson had to go..so that shouldnt even count

Fisher...had a d league team play as hard as they can...then he had the worse back court in the NBA and made them respectable

Rambis.....would of stayed head coach if the media in NYC didnt exist..thank god in does for that 1 favor.

Jeff...i actually like hes balancing a lot.

But no matter the coach....the offensive system and ramp up defensive effort was here for Melo to work with. So Melo not falling in line is on him. He knows who he is..he knows he has more power then the coach..hes gotten rid of 2 coaches in his career...he knows if he puts his ego aside and commites 24/7 every play....things will fall in line.

but Phil is an idiot for firing Fisher...bigger idiot for thinking Rambis is the answer. Thats not on Melo but the product on the floor from the last several years has to do with Melo and the Amare contract.
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 20, 2017, 1:53 pm

It's a little odd that we have a coach who isn't really in tune with Phil,and Rambis who shouldn't be on the staff,let alone coaching the D.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » April 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

taowave wrote:It's a little odd that we have a coach who isn't really in tune with Phil, and Rambis who shouldn't be on the staff,let alone coaching the D.

He shouldn't be in the NBA.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » April 20, 2017, 4:27 pm

why cant Phil just put him in a cushy office job...like consultant of scouting..i duno there has to be a BS job he can work in
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks