All aboard the TANK express. Knicks get 7th spot pre lottery.

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: All aboard the TANK express. Knicks get 7th spot pre lottery.

Postby highway61 » April 18, 2017, 3:35 pm

I know we fell to 7 in draft lottery,

but you can't put a price tag on the confidence boost NDOUR got by hitting that last game winner.
highway61

Postby taowave » April 18, 2017, 3:54 pm

:clap:
highway61 wrote:I know we fell to 7 in draft lottery,

but you can't put a price tag on the confidence boost NDOUR got by hitting that last game winner.
taowave

Postby n8 the gr8 » April 18, 2017, 5:01 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Fuck this team and yes Minny could take. A pg. Rubio be traded. And dunn sucks

I mean if he were on our roster I'd be saying that Dunn needs more time before you call him a bust. But he was unimpressive enough last season that based on where we sit I'm worried that Minnesota will take a PG. Hopefully they're thinking combo-guard and like Monk.

Hilarious.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby shakespeare » April 18, 2017, 5:14 pm

NBA mock draft 2017: The Knicks get lucky and land the No. 1 pick

Phil Jackson wants a fresh start for the Knicks. If the ping-pong balls in the NBA draft lottery bounce like they did for this mock draft, he’ll get his wish.

We’re using ESPN’s lottery machine to randomize the draft order for every mock leading up the lottery on May 16. Last week, the Lakers landed the No. 1 spot. This time, the Knicks cash in on a 5.4 percent chance at the top pick.

This exercise shows just how much a little lottery luck can change the future of a franchise. The Lakers fell to No. 6 on the lottery machine this time, which means their pick shipped to the Philadelphia 76ers. In this mock, the Sixers now have two top-six selections, while the Lakers lose this year’s pick plus another first-rounder in 2019.

1. New York Knicks - Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington
Landing in New York would be a major change of pace for Fultz. He’s been flying under the radar about as much as a future No. 1 overall pick can over the last few years.

Fultz was a late riser as a recruit who couldn’t even make varsity as a sophomore at D.C. powerhouse DeMatha Catholic. Once he ascended to five-star status as a junior, he picked the Washington Huskies over all of the blue bloods. Washington finished 9-22, missed the NCAA tournament, and played most of their games while the rest of the country was asleep.

It’s a safe bet that Fultz will be able to make the adjustment. He’s the total package as a point guard and should be a future superstar. Pairing him with Kristaps Porzingis would be trouble for the rest of the league. The Knicks deserve to catch a break once every three decades.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/4/17/1 ... elle-fultz

Now would be the perfect time for the Basketball Gods to punish the tankers. Lol.

Reward the Knicks with the top ping pong ball.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » April 18, 2017, 6:11 pm

I see that we have another Ndour fan in the building. This man/woman/or other gets it...

8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby gradyandrew » April 18, 2017, 6:38 pm

The only thing that makes me happy about this is that it probably made Phil angry.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby cragganmor » April 18, 2017, 7:07 pm

too soon to get riled over this; the draft lottery is still more important.
cragganmor

Re: All aboard the TANK express

Postby nazrmohamed » April 18, 2017, 7:09 pm

Geolink wrote:I feel really bad for Rose.

To overcome those injuries and to be finally playing at a decent level for this fucking team.

He deserves better. Trade him to get us pieces that way we get something in return before he leaves to go back to Chicago or some shit.

What?!!!@

We were more pissed at Felton for waiving a gun around. Derreck Rose started his knick career in the midst of a rape trial he probably escaped because jurors wanted his autograph. Details of what happened were disturbing at best.

Then in just about every interview he gave eluded to the fact that hes playing for a max contract from just about any team that'd give it to him. Not that he's dying to make the knicks better, just his own pocket. Melo gets treated like he's all about the money and not wanting to truly be here and is hated for it despite constantly stating his desire. Meanwhile Rose spends the entire season talking about money and what teams he'd be willing to accept it from and yall have sympathy for him?
Lastly he goes AWOL in the middle of this season. His production is lousy from just about any analytical standpoint, an old school statistical standpoint shows he still can't pass to anyone needing a simple catch and dunk opportunity. How many alleyooos has the guy thrown? How many passes where a cutter merely has to catch and rise directly at a rim. How many dishoffs have we seen? I expect more from DeAaron Fox than I expect from Rose in that regard. Every pass from Rose is a bailout pass where he contorts in the air after a failed attempt from him to get to the rim to somebody out on the three point line. Dudes simply not an elaborate passer. But he could get away with it back when teams just could hand him the ball and just say go score 30pts. Yall could talk all you want about defensive effort, the guy is in the bottom 10 of starting pg defenders, can't hit a 3 to save his life. And wait, I almost forgot he's now reinjured his knee to top it off.

Derreck Rose sucks. Fuck Derreck Rose. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's selfish and I hate to bash someones vocabulary but dude sounds like an idiot. Get this guy the fuck away from my team. Ill never talk about a SF in this draft if you could garauntee me Rose never steps foot in our practice facility again.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby noypi » April 18, 2017, 8:26 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
What?!!!@

We were more pissed at Felton for waiving a gun around. Derreck Rose started his knick career in the midst of a rape trial he probably escaped because jurors wanted his autograph. Details of what happened were disturbing at best.

Then in just about every interview he gave eluded to the fact that hes playing for a max contract from just about any team that'd give it to him. Not that he's dying to make the knicks better, just his own pocket. Melo gets treated like he's all about the money and not wanting to truly be here and is hated for it despite constantly stating his desire. Meanwhile Rose spends the entire season talking about money and what teams he'd be willing to accept it from and yall have sympathy for him?
Lastly he goes AWOL in the middle of this season. His production is lousy from just about any analytical standpoint, an old school statistical standpoint shows he still can't pass to anyone needing a simple catch and dunk opportunity. How many alleyooos has the guy thrown? How many passes where a cutter merely has to catch and rise directly at a rim. How many dishoffs have we seen? I expect more from DeAaron Fox than I expect from Rose in that regard. Every pass from Rose is a bailout pass where he contorts in the air after a failed attempt from him to get to the rim to somebody out on the three point line. Dudes simply not an elaborate passer. But he could get away with it back when teams just could hand him the ball and just say go score 30pts. Yall could talk all you want about defensive effort, the guy is in the bottom 10 of starting pg defenders, can't hit a 3 to save his life. And wait, I almost forgot he's now reinjured his knee to top it off.

Derreck Rose sucks. Fuck Derreck Rose. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's selfish and I hate to bash someones vocabulary but dude sounds like an idiot. Get this guy the fuck away from my team. Ill never talk about a SF in this draft if you could garauntee me Rose never steps foot in our practice facility again.

:clap:

I feel the same way about Rose. Wasn't really much of a fan but was excited of the possibilities if he comes at least 80% healthy. I even bought a Rose jersey. But then after the rape trial, AWOL bs, and not playing D and not creating for his teammates I want him gone too. I hope Phil doesn't resign him. Good thing I bought a bootleg version of his jersey. :LOL:
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby gradyandrew » April 18, 2017, 8:35 pm

And to nazr I'll add that those salary comments were extremely detrimental to the team. At what point was it clear that Melo and rose couldn't share the court in any meaningful way? We probably should have had Jennings starting and rose off the bench by January.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby NYGM » April 18, 2017, 9:09 pm

6 or 7 is the same..

What we need is luck un the lottery
NYGM

Re: All aboard the TANK express. Tied for 6,7. Coin flip

Postby Nononsense » April 18, 2017, 9:21 pm

rebound wrote:i dont think the knicks and twolves are targetting the same player(they have 3 young pgs 4 if you include lavine) and since the lotto odds are unaffected or nearly so, it doesnt matter much.

Yeah, and ironically, one of those PGs is the one that got away from us. They seemingly snagged two PGs that we were targeting in Rubio and Flynn just to spite us. After barely missing out on Curry, Westbrook, Rubio, etc., I want every edge we can get heading into the draft lottery and the lottery itself.
Last edited by Nononsense on April 18, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nononsense

Postby Geolink » April 18, 2017, 9:21 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
What?!!!@

I have no recollection of writing that post LOL
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby H20Knick » April 18, 2017, 10:37 pm

Oh man, it's been a while since i've seen a vintage Nazr rant. That was top notch commentary. I don't even dislike Derrick Rose that much, but I was ready to pack his bags for him after that.
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » April 19, 2017, 8:14 am

nazrmohamed wrote:What?!!!@

Swaggerblaster must be stopped. Bring back nazrmohamed...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby nazrmohamed » April 19, 2017, 12:51 pm

^^^^ I just don't get why you defend him so much kfisf after what me and you love about some of these pgs prospects. You should be on my side man.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » April 19, 2017, 3:30 pm

KFISF just sets things on fire to see them blazin dont worry Nazr...but it is hilarious

Rose should go...I really dont want anyone on this team that is bottom 10 defending his position unless he's dropping 30 a night and 10 assists to compensate.

Rose and Melo gotta go

KP will complain now but once the games start and the defense works..he'll understand it was for the best.

We are in a good spot to draft the best or second best defender at the PG position....Frank and Fox
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 19, 2017, 4:36 pm

I don't get this KFSL bromance with Rose.

Illogical.does not compute.

nazrmohamed wrote:^^^^ I just don't get why you defend him so much kfisf after what me and you love about some of these pgs prospects. You should be on my side man.
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » April 19, 2017, 5:50 pm

I'm just pissed we gave Lopez up for one season of Rose. Did you see Lopez balling yesterday? He took horford to school.
gradyandrew

Postby cragganmor » April 19, 2017, 9:12 pm

the sad thing is that lopez would have fit in perfectly in a 3 person rotation at the 4/5; between robin, kp and whg you get different combinations of skills, talent and size. at times, we really needed a guy that could go out and physically maul other c's, noah was not up to the task and zp/willy are more finesse players. you can also trust him to make his ft's. plus, robin would have come off the books 1 year earlier and is cheaper by a few mil than noah.

... but then we would have needed to sit through yet another year of jose calderon, however offset by the fact that we'd still have jerian (who's played pretty well in the second half of the season) and could have become the p&r pg that jh craves or at least a solid contributor to the rotation. the one plus out of that deal is justin, but it will all be a wash if we don't re-sign him this summer.
cragganmor

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks