All aboard the TANK express. Knicks get 7th spot pre lottery.

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

All aboard the TANK express. Knicks get 7th spot pre lottery.

Postby rebound » December 30, 2016, 11:31 pm

see title
Last edited by rebound on April 18, 2017, 2:35 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Team Mills
rebound

Re: All aboard the TANK express

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » December 30, 2016, 11:41 pm

they should of never signed Noah

Imagine Rose coming off the book

No Noah

Melo asking out after a while because he's mad

young team building toward the future

I wanted the PG frank from france. Fox from Kentucky wouldn't hurt either
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on December 30, 2016, 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby rebound » December 30, 2016, 11:42 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:they should of never signed Noah

No Noah

Melo to the Clippers is the dream.

I dont think LAC is deluded enough to think their current team is going very far in the postseason.

Would take Blake back and try to route him to Boston for the Brooklyn pick. If not I would be fine with keeping Blake.

Jrue
Rose
Holiday
Blake
KP
Team Mills
rebound

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » December 30, 2016, 11:45 pm

Melo to the Clippers is the dream.

I dont think LAC is deluded enough to think their current team is going very far in the postseason.

Would take Blake back and try to route him to Boston for the Brooklyn pick. If not I would be fine with keeping Blake.

Jrue
Rose
Holiday
Blake
KP

Blake is a free agent. Would need him to want to resign here. I agree that brooklyn pick would be sweet. two tops picks and we are moving in the right direction. I trust Gaines to make the corrrect picks

need to blow up this medicority. Can't beat the Pelicans Suns close games with the Twolves this team isn't going anywhere
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby n8 the gr8 » December 31, 2016, 12:09 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:they should of never signed Noah

No Noah

I wanted the PG frank from france. Fox from Kentucky wouldn't hurt either

The dude from France looks like the real deal. He has so many skills and such great physical tools, he'd be a great fit with KP: the makings of a team of real freaks of nature.

If the Knicks were doing a deal involving Blake and Melo I'd rather make it a 3-team deal. Preferably with Boston for their pick, but maybe one involving Sacramento where NY gets a couple youngs and some picks. They could experiment with Griffin/Cousins.

Or even Melo to LAC, Griffin to SAC, Cousins to BOS and the Knicks getting Brooklyn's pick, Amir Johnson, and firsts from Boston and LAC. Go into this draft with 4 1sts plus whatever we can get for Rose (maybe he could get the Knicks one of the disgruntled bigs from Philly in a 3-team deal).

Phil holds interesting cards, including Courtney Lee and Noah in 24 hours. I bet Cleveland would be willing to swing a deal for Lee with JR out for the season. Toronto, Minnesota, San Antonio and Dallas might be destinations for Noah but everything with Noah seems like a longshot.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby Geolink » December 31, 2016, 3:36 am

I feel really bad for Rose.

To overcome those injuries and to be finally playing at a decent level for this fucking team.

He deserves better. Trade him to get us pieces that way we get something in return before he leaves to go back to Chicago or some shit.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby bobhait » December 31, 2016, 6:59 am

fuck that shit! some 30 games into the season with an entirely new squad/coach and you're jumping ship? they need to figure a lot of shit out, but it can happen. more to the point, I don't want Kristaps to get stuck on a loser. he needs the growth that can only happen if your team starts making the postaeason. I'll take the quick exit in the first round over not making the playoffs because we need that more than KP's team sacrificing a year for a potential sidekick. OKC and LA Clippers got themselves stuck in the also-ran inferno because their premiere players were/are about playing not to lose, rather than winning time
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Postby Geolink » December 31, 2016, 7:30 am

bobhait wrote:fuck that shit! some 30 games into the season with an entirely new squad/coach and you're jumping ship? they need to figure a lot of shit out, but it can happen. more to the point, I don't want Kristaps to get stuck on a loser. he needs the growth that can only happen if your team starts making the postaeason. I'll take the quick exit in the first round over not making the playoffs because we need that more than KP's team sacrificing a year for a potential sidekick. OKC and LA Clippers got themselves stuck in the also-ran inferno because their premiere players were/are about playing not to lose, rather than winning time

Buddy, this team isn't good.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby maxinquaye11 » December 31, 2016, 7:34 am

Hornacek simply needs to establish a solid 10man strict poztion rotation.

Kp needs to attack on the post and do jump hooks.

Kyle Oak and Willy need to log in more minutes even if they are not starters.

Melo beed sto go full bully ball down low.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed

" WE GOT JUSTIN HOLIDAY! " - maxinquaye11 on Derrick Rose trade day
maxinquaye11

Postby shakespeare » December 31, 2016, 9:13 am

Tanking still leaves us with the same GM and head coach.

I think the team should do something a little more professional, like holding each other accountable.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » December 31, 2016, 11:32 am

If we wouldn't just move Melo to PF to start KP at C, I don't see why we would trade Melo for a PF to move KP there either. Id rather trade Melo for a point forward even if a lesser player and hope I can get a pick out of it. At this point you'd probably have to give up a pick to trade Melo for Blake as Blake is the better player.

But just speaking of picks, if we had a mid first rounder OMG would I want Jonathan Austin. 6'11 SF with the ability to put the ball on the floor. And then he's standing next to KP? We could have two 7ft forwards essentially.....OR as both of thier bodies mature perhaps they both slide up a position and we're playing start looks like small ball with guys with traditional size
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » December 31, 2016, 11:52 am

Geolink wrote:I feel really bad for Rose.

To overcome those injuries and to be finally playing at a decent level for this fucking team.

He deserves better. Trade him to get us pieces that way we get something in return before he leaves to go back to Chicago or some shit.

Rose has serious flaws as well that hurt this team. He never passes the ball when he gets into the paint to set his team mates up for better shots. Rose will get his points, but the team is not involved at all and he can't stretch the floor with his inability to shoot the 3 ball
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » December 31, 2016, 12:12 pm

Geolink wrote:I feel really bad for Rose.

I disagree but I overstand what ya sayin'...

Personally, watching the return of vintage-Rose-lite in action every night makes everything a lil more tolerable.

I ain't worried, yet. Patience is the key. 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » December 31, 2016, 12:22 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:... But just speaking of picks, if we had a mid first rounder OMG would I want Jonathan Austin. 6'11 SF with the ability to put the ball on the floor. And then he's standing next to KP? We could have two 7ft forwards essentially.....OR as both of thier bodies mature perhaps they both slide up a position and we're playing start looks like small ball with guys with traditional size

Who???

But if ya referring to Jonathan Isaac then we're in agreement. He and De'Aaron Fox would be my top choices.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » December 31, 2016, 1:04 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Rose has serious flaws as well that hurt this team. He never passes the ball when he gets into the paint to set his team mates up for better shots. Rose will get his points, but the team is not involved at all and he can't stretch the floor with his inability to shoot the 3 ball

Yeah that's because more often than not whenever he's in the paint he's all by himself.

I dunno if most of y'all played ball or not but It's a whole lot easier to penetrate-and-dish it off to a guy cutting into the paint for an easy layup/dunk, than it is to penetrate-and-kick it out to the 3pt line when ya surrounded by dudes with 7'+ long wingspans. Now I'm not sayin' that he shouldn't at least make an effort to get the ball out to his teammates but I think in an effort to keep his turnovers down he see's his own shot attempt as the better option. And I don't blame him...

It's a whole lot easier to to score in transition than it is to score in the half court. Rose has made adjustments to his game to fit this teams style of play but I haven't seen his teammates make any adjustments to playing with him... I don't expect to see Melo flying up the court with Rose every possesion but what's Putback-P's excuse? Like Melo he's just settled into the role of the trailer on fast breaks ready to shoot the three ball when he should be runnin' at the rim with Rose. We shouldn't have to solely rely on our bench guys to provide that kinda energy. The entire team should be tryna take advantage of the easy baskets that'll be created simply by playing at Rose's tempo. And before any of y'all start with the we're too big and slow argument Noah used to be 10+ppg scorer just because he ran the court hard (pause) with Rose...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Minkaveli » December 31, 2016, 1:53 pm

The problem is this team isn't bad enough to tank but it isn't good enough to win either. It's called mediocrity.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby NYGM » December 31, 2016, 3:20 pm

Where is the pannic buttom pic?
NYGM

Postby Geolink » December 31, 2016, 4:20 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Rose has serious flaws as well that hurt this team. He never passes the ball when he gets into the paint to set his team mates up for better shots. Rose will get his points, but the team is not involved at all and he can't stretch the floor with his inability to shoot the 3 ball

Definitely but I feel like you're overlooking my point.

My point comes from a health standpoint. Aside from the back spasms, he's had no issues yet with his ankle or worse his knee(s). So this season so far is pretty much a success for him health wise. I did not expect Rose to be playing near the level he has. Albeit, a contract year, but still he has moved in ways I have not seen from him in years.

I only feel he will get better as the season progresses, and if this team can't catch the winning bug by the ASB, then his talents need to be headed to a team where he can win and we can get something in return while he has value.

Geolink

Postby taowave » December 31, 2016, 4:42 pm

I don't understand the surprise and dissapointment going on here.

Almost every person picked this squad to be a. 500 squad. What's changed?

For better or worse Noah needs to head to Minny.

Kp goes to the 5,Melo to the 4 and Holiday starts at the 3.

Imho, that lineup makes the most sense.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » December 31, 2016, 5:08 pm

Enjoy the process!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Next

Return to New York Knicks