Knicks 2017 Free Agency

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks 2017 Free Agency

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » December 15, 2016, 9:16 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:I think Rose is goign to battle Jrue Holiday for who knicks sign next season for PG. Jrue brother is on this team which should only help if they plan to go after him.

Then we draft their lil brother from UCLA and become a mainstay in the sports trivia market for years to come...
It's the Triangle over EVERYTHING!!! Melo-God is on borrowed time...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Ingus » December 15, 2016, 11:43 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Then we draft their lil brother from UCLA and become a mainstay in the sports trivia market for years to come...

Yes, and recruit the other 2 Plumlees while at it :drool:
Ingus

Postby shakespeare » December 15, 2016, 11:53 pm

cragganmor wrote:I'd like to keep the roster together, get the best pg available this summer; whether that is rose, tpm or whoever, then so be it. use our 1st rounder on a swingman.

At the moment, this is where I also stand.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » December 15, 2016, 11:55 pm

cragganmor wrote:I'd like to keep the roster together, get the best pg available this summer; whether that is rose, tpm or whoever, then so be it. use our 1st rounder on a swingman.

The swing positions on our depth chart have definitely been exposed defensively this season, and we need more than just a Justin Holiday and/or Courtney Lee to fix this problem..........especially with the league's current trend of "positionless, stretch" basketball.

The performance of both Rose & Jennings has certainly opened up new options for the PG position next season that the Knicks NEVER HAD in years past. And with the new CBA giving us an additional 2 roster spots for D-League assignment players, we can easily develop a guy like Randle next season without killing our roster depth
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby n8 the gr8 » December 16, 2016, 12:45 am

big_j_NY wrote:The swing positions on our depth chart have definitely been exposed defensively this season, and we need more than just a Justin Holiday and/or Courtney Lee to fix this problem..........especially with the league's current trend of "positionless, stretch" basketball.

The performance of both Rose & Jennings has certainly opened up new options for the PG position next season that the Knicks NEVER HAD in years past. And with the new CBA giving us an additional 2 roster spots for D-League assignment players, we can easily develop a guy like Randle next season without killing our roster depth

I like what Lee and Holiday bring, but I think they need another swing with more size, even if they had a similar offensive game to those guys. Kuz is subpar on defense and Lance isn't where he needs to be. A Wilson Chandler clone would be ideal.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby washingtonparkjones » December 16, 2016, 3:27 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Id rather just resign everyone and have continuity for once in our existence.

washingtonparkjones

Postby n8 the gr8 » March 13, 2017, 6:55 pm

Bump to see people's thoughts. I'd still like to see Holiday brought back.

I think it'd be interesting to offer Manu a contract. Knicks shouldn't be looking to build through free agency but if there's a veteran presence for sale this summer that could have a positive impact on the young guys it's Manu. His career earnings aren't as high as I thought, I think he'd consider a big deal even if it was short. I'd be tempted to offer him 13 million guaranteed in 17/18 and a 16 million team option for 18/19. He's not productive enough to mess up a tank but he'd make sure young guys compete and play with passion (like Noah was supposed to).
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby nazrmohamed » March 13, 2017, 8:29 pm

Ill go with the sane exact criteria I had last summer. Ill pay for talent, but that talent must be 26 or under. My sweet spot are guys just coming off of rookie contracts. Jrue Holiday still fits that criteria so that's why I'm interested. Every move I like from this team involves a guy who started the season 26 or under, all our problems are from players older than 26.

Just follow my instructions.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby noypi » March 14, 2017, 11:23 am

1. Draft a stud pg/sf
2. Re-sign everybody except Sasha and Rose
3. Trade Noah if possible
4. Get Kentavius Caldwell-Pope or Otto Porter/Jrue Holiday
5. Melo for a 1st round pick and 2-way rotation player.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby PistolPete » March 14, 2017, 11:08 pm

Knicks better not go after Chris Paul.
PistolPete

Postby washingtonparkjones » March 15, 2017, 12:14 pm

noypi wrote:1. Draft a stud pg/sf
2. Re-sign everybody except Sasha and Rose
3. Trade Noah if possible
4. Get Kentavius Caldwell-Pope or Otto Porter/Jrue Holiday
5. Melo for a 1st round pick and 2-way rotation player.

That's pretty much my wish list except 4. :thumbsup: In that order of priority.
washingtonparkjones

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2017, 12:50 pm

Funny that theres a thread for free agents..when i really dont want us to look at any marquee ones.

Trade Melo and Kyle to Charlotte...a team i havent heard and its shown that blockbuster trades only happen with teams no one is expecting

we get the MKG/12 PICK/Marvin Williams

bring Holiday/Baker back..let Rose walk

fire Rambis and actually defend next year..idc what offense we run...just defend and move the ball.
Don Che

Postby lxn_ » April 4, 2017, 3:03 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/future ... t_position
anyone else here up for Tony Allen? I want to sign him to mentor the young guys we have for the right price ofcourse
lxn_

Postby H20Knick » April 4, 2017, 4:41 pm

lxn_ wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/future_free_agents/2018/All/Per_Game/0/NBA/alt_position
anyone else here up for Tony Allen? I want to sign him to mentor the young guys we have for the right price ofcourse

1) Why on earth would Tony Allen want to finish his career here?

2) I respect Tony Allen too much to want him to end his career like that.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby H20Knick » April 4, 2017, 4:41 pm

Don Che wrote:Funny that theres a thread for free agents..when i really dont want us to look at any marquee ones.

Trade Melo and Kyle to Charlotte...a team i havent heard and its shown that blockbuster trades only happen with teams no one is expecting

fire Rambis and actually defend next year..idc what offense we run...just defend and move the ball.

in my defense, we were 10-9 when I created this thread lol

and melo and lala arent moving to charlotte.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby lxn_ » April 4, 2017, 5:29 pm

^^ maybe he wants a new challenge, or money I dont know. hes had a number of unpredictable
moves in the past. He left boston at a time when they were championship contenders and went to memphis when they were struggling bigtime. point is its not wise to have the defeatist attitude and be like "this guys is unlikely to sign with us so dont even bother trying to call or send your offer". I know we have to be realistic but atleast try, if he says no then onto another target but atleast try
lxn_

Postby cragganmor » April 5, 2017, 12:03 am

Don Che wrote:Funny that theres a thread for free agents..when i really dont want us to look at any marquee ones.

i like clee, but a bit expensive at ~$12m/yr. he's playing much better as of late and brings vet leadership, something the young players need to have on roster. if we could trade lee for a 1st rounder in this summer's draft, find that future stud sg, then a reasonably priced value-tier sg would be a good move.

that's an interesting trade that would benefit both teams, but it can only happen if melo waives his ntc. is he fed up enough with ny? heaven knows that cha struggles to score.

definitely re-sign justin and ron, they have a future with us.
cragganmor

Postby rebound » April 5, 2017, 12:16 pm

Phil Jackson is terrible.
rebound

Postby gradyandrew » April 5, 2017, 9:15 pm

Melo will go to LAC this off season. They will lose Griffin, probably to Boston in FA and then the Knicks can trade him mostly for cap space. Woodson is there and he's has to be the smartest coach in the NBA for realizing 4 years ago that Melo is a power forward.
Championship or bust.
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » April 5, 2017, 9:18 pm

I think maybe the best deal would be a draft night trade for Griffin 's expiring plus LAC s next two 1st rounders that they can trade.
Championship or bust.
gradyandrew

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks