[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 547

nbafreak724 wrote:Yesterday was very unproductive at work because I just kept reading about the latest rumors and stuff.

Today may be unproductive again because I might just go and watch videos of Kristaps and Jerian Grant.
I did basically nothing at work today, still having a draft night hangover (being in Europe).
#knickstape
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

Only hope I was thinking was....

Porzinigis=Kukoc?
Grant=Harper?
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Fuck that...

Porzingis ceiling is much higher than Kukoc..Its his floor that's in question
Minkaveli wrote:Only hope I was thinking was....

Porzinigis=Kukoc?
Grant=Harper?
Red
Likes given: 0

taowave wrote:Fuck that...

Porzingis ceiling is much higher than Kukoc..Its his floor that's in question
Based on? This doesn't sound objective. It's homer-ish. Just saying.
The Mecca of Mess
shakespeare

Porzingis got soul. Lol.

#TeamTank
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Yeah and toni kukoc isnt exactly a bum. I think we'd all be pretty damn satisfied if he ended up like toni kukoc
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave

Red,Zinger is high risk High reward...

You are implying I placed probabilities on the risk and the reward side of the occasion and came up with an expected return...

Typically,I go with the 4th pick of a draft having a higher ceiling than the 29th pick..Buts that's just me..

Red wrote:
Based on? This doesn't sound objective. It's homer-ish. Just saying.
taowave

No you wouldn't..You would be measuring Mudiay and WCS against his numbers
H20Knick wrote:Yeah and toni kukoc isnt exactly a bum. I think we'd all be pretty damn satisfied if he ended up like toni kukoc
H20Knick

taowave wrote:No you wouldn't..You would be measuring Mudiay and WCS against his numbers

I'm not convinced Mudiay or WCS would be better than Kukoc either. But regardless, I wouldn't compare Porzingas to Mudiay. I don't think that's really fair. I didn't think Porzingas would be as good as Mudiay over the next 5 years so I'm not going to be upset or surprised if/when he's not. It's not Porzingas's fault he was drafted 4th. He's got a really good agent. My gripe has always had more to do with my obsession with having a new-era guard and my disdain for our frontcourt-talent heavy lineups that have marked the last 5 years than it actually does me thinking Porzingas is gonna be a bust.
In Thibs we trust.

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Brooklyn wrote:How long before Dirk became Dirk? How long before Kobe became Kobe? How long before Nash became Nash? How long before Steph Curry became Steph Curry? How long before......oh you get the point.....

This guys is on our team now - it seems like some of you are hoping he's a bust just so you can say I told you so but thats straight up bullshit.

As if this kid's name was Obama and you all acting like some Republican ass haters trying to sabotage shit whether its good or not!

If you're a Knicks fan and want the Knicks to win - then send out some good vibes. Maybe the kid reads the page.... its 2015....you never know

Zinger if you're on here - there are A LOT of people who who are not dicks nor hate you - we hope you do well for the sake of the Knicks. Welcome!
Maybe you should unpack this with your therapist because I'm not sure this is directed at me. :popcorn:

I'll mail you and Zingis some reiki rocks or something.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Red

I have a problem with this.
ISOLA: PORZINGIS ISN'T POPULAR NBA PICK, BUT IS THE RIGHT ONE
If YOU didn't say we should draft Porzingis before yesterday's draft then you need to stfu with this homer shit.

If Porzingis is the "right" pick then you should be on record saying so prior to yesterday. If not then save this you love the pick bullshit.

Mf's didn't know who this dude was past last Tuesday but now he's a great pick. Gtfoh.

And none of this is an indictment of KP either way.
The Mecca of Mess
Brooklyn
Likes given: 6

Brooklyn wrote:How long before Dirk became Dirk? How long before Kobe became Kobe? How long before Nash became Nash? How long before Steph Curry became Steph Curry? How long before......oh you get the point.....

This guys is on our team now - it seems like some of you are hoping he's a bust just so you can say I told you so but thats straight up bullshit.

As if this kid's name was Obama and you all acting like some Republican ass haters trying to sabotage shit whether its good or not!

If you're a Knicks fan and want the Knicks to win - then send out some good vibes. Maybe the kid reads the page.... its 2015....you never know

Zinger if you're on here - there are A LOT of people who who are not dicks nor hate you - we hope you do well for the sake of the Knicks. Welcome!
n8 the gr8 wrote: Maybe you should unpack this with your therapist because I'm not sure this is directed at me. :popcorn:

I'll mail you and Zingis some reiki rocks or something.
For a guy who's offered nothing to this thread you're awfully sure that people are speaking directly to you....but therapists....yeah :happy:
”The magic is in the work."
H20Knick

Red wrote:I have a problem with this.

If YOU didn't say we should draft Porzingis before yesterday's draft then you need to stfu with this homer shit.

If Porzingis is the "right" pick then you should be on record saying so prior to yesterday. If not then save this you love the pick bullshit.

Mf's didn't know who this dude was past last Tuesday but now he's a great pick. Gtfoh.

we dont often agree, but im with you on this 100%. People are petrified to go against Phil untli it clearly hasn't worked out. Remember the Calderon trade? The media and fans were all raving about how we'd finally won a trade, myself included. Phil had worked his magic! Yeah, that didnt work out. Now the ashes have settled and people are going back saying how stupid of a trade that was. So for now, everyone is onboard because Mr. 11 Rings said it was the right thing to do. How long until we're all sitting here realizing that Phil had tooo much of the Devil's lettuce, clicked the mock draft generator on espn, and picked the guy whose name came up.

Phil sold me on the Calderon trade. It sucked.
Phil sold me on giving melo 125 mil to be the cornerstone of our rebuild. That isnt seeming like the smart move right now.
Phil sold me on D-Fish. Fisher is an idiot.
Phil is trying to sell me on Kristaps. I'm going to bite my lip and watch him play. But im certainly not going to stick sunshine up his ass until he earns it.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

fair enough,but then you must know that Phil is not your man.....Im still shocked that he made a move for Jerian Grant as opposed to a bruiser up front....

H20Knick wrote:

I'm not convinced Mudiay or WCS would be better than Kukoc either. But regardless, I wouldn't compare Porzingas to Mudiay. I don't think that's really fair. I didn't think Porzingas would be as good as Mudiay over the next 5 years so I'm not going to be upset or surprised if/when he's not. It's not Porzingas's fault he was drafted 4th. He's got a really good agent. My gripe has always had more to do with my obsession with having a new-era guard and my disdain for our frontcourt-talent heavy lineups that have marked the last 5 years than it actually does me thinking Porzingas is gonna be a bust.
taowave

As you know,I was on the WCS bandwagon, and switched after reading about Zinger...

There was no right pick after Okafor,Towns and Russel...

The guy is rail thin and weighs in at 235..hes got broad shoulders..haven't watched enough to see his hip/legs..

Phil picked him over WCS,and Im guessing it has to do with his fit in the triangle...

Ild love to hear otherwise

Red wrote:I have a problem with this.

Last edited by taowave on June 26th, 2015, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red

So let me get this staright. Everyone said:

-Can't draft a "role player" at 4
-Have to get a star at 4
-All WCS can do is play D
-Can't get a one dimensional player at 4
-Have to maximize the pick
-can't choose a frontcourt player
-have to get the bpa

All of this but in favor of a guy that cannot and in all likelihood will not be playing for years to come? Really? That is what you meant?
That relative to the other prospects KP is the best player available even though he can't play. Wtf?

And somehow you know he'll be the "best player" 10 years down the line. Word? Lol funny
The Mecca of Mess
spree#8

Red, you are extremely funny. You get the best big available - exactly as you wanted - but are still not happy. No one is saying that Porzingis can't play right away and anyone who does doesn't know shit. Your man Phil did exactly what I would have done: take the guy with the most upside, because again and again, the draft is mostly about imagination of what might happen in the future, not about now. Free agency is for that and right around the corner, so just look out.

Also: no one says that Porzingis will be the best player in ten years, but that he might have the best ten or hopefully fifteen years, just with a little learning curve at the start. Exactly what you want out of a 4th pick - if everything goes according to plan.
#knickstape
shakespeare

Red wrote:
-Can't draft a "role player" at 4
-Have to get a star at 4
-All WCS can do is play D
-Can't get a one dimensional player at 4
-Have to maximize the pick
-can't choose a frontcourt player
-have to get the bpa

All of this but in favor of a guy that cannot and in all likelihood will not be playing for years to come? Really? That is what you meant?
That relative to the other prospects KP is the best player available even though he can't play. Wtf?
Welcome to NYKFP. You should've been around when Lampe was drafted.
#TeamTank
Boston_PuppyDawg

Phil invited Melo to the workout, Melo was there and gave his ok. I'd love to have someone try and refute that. #knicks
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
spree#8

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Phil invited Melo to the workout, Melo was there and gave his ok. I'd love to have someone try and refute that. #knicks
Also the only workout we have heard of that this was the case.
#knickstape