[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Rusty La Rue » February 7, 2018, 10:42 am

Don Che wrote:yup lol

obv im exaggerating but my goal now...legit only thing worth doing is getting 1 or 2 players better than KP....looking at this draft...Ayton and Doncic have the skill/talent to do so...I just dont trust Ayton's motor he just seems like a big kid having fun. Doncic thinks the game...even tho he doesnt have the best physical tools...similar to Kidd or Bird who just saw/thought the game at a higher level.

Trae is nasty but im not a fan of high turnover players esp as skinny as he is...championship teams are built on not turning it over. So even tho we are far from that currently i'd still build with those principles from the ground up.

JJJ to me can be special also but we need a great player that makes plays and unfortunately in the top 7...the only perimeter guys are Doncic/Trae/Sexton......i'd take Doncic 10/10 and would consider taking ayton over those 3 as well if his interviews go well.

Is Porter a SF or PF (It is impossible for me to see college ball in Denmark? I know he is injured but what position would he play in the NBA? Would he work next to KP as a SF?
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 10:57 am

thats a great question....objectively...in todays nba hes def a tweener...but i see him the same way i saw Jayson Tatum

and Tatum is holding himself well at the 3...I just feel like Porter being a little bigger might be a 4 at the next level but if he was playing with KP...he'd have to be the 3..KP can't survive playing the 5 with him helping him out.

Porter if healthy is the best scorer in this class...well maybe not the way Trae drops buckets but as an overall scorer...Porter kills you from everywhere..itll be like drafting Melo honestly..but taller not as heavy.
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks