[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby spree#8 » February 19, 2017, 1:39 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
Again, Nowitzki played in a completely different era against big/strong highly skilled players like Duncan, Malone, Webber, KG, Wallace, McDyess, Kemp, Derrick Coleman, etc... In an era when centers like Ewing, Camby, Shaq, Mourning, Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, Robinson etc, still anchored the paint. How'd you think Putback-P would of fared back then? He probably would've been stashed somewhere in Europe because neither his game nor his body would've been ready for that kinda grueling NBA test... So comparing his first two seasons with Nowitzki doesn't make much sense.

The graphs and efficiency numbers you listed paint a pretty picture but if you ignore all the put-backs, dunks, and lay-ups he's shooting 32% on baskets within 5-9 feet (which is unacceptable for a 7'3" guy with 7'6" wingspan). 48% on baskets 10-14 feet. And 34% at 15-19 feet.

I admit I might be selling him short by calling him a stretch-4 but until I see otherwise it is what it is...

Then why are you doing it? BTW: I don't care about the era if Porzingis scores over 20 in an efficient way next season. Another question: so you want to ignore more than half of his buckets this year while focusing on the areas where he doesn't take a lot of shots because he probably knows that he has to improve? Doesn't make any sense.

Another BTW: here a pic of the skinny Nowitzki in his rookie season.

#knickstape
spree#8

Postby spree#8 » February 19, 2017, 2:09 pm

To become an all-star - besides improving his post-game - he also has to improve defense and his rebounding again. He did look better at these fronts in his rookie season. Way too many fouls this year. Just that everyone knows that despite being positive on him, I also see his weaknesses. 8-)
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby cragganmor » February 19, 2017, 5:37 pm

the fouls are the most concerning thing; he sometimes covers by being lax on d so that he won't get into foul trouble early. he needs to defend w/o fouling; the worst are the cheap ones on the perimeter where the ballhandler isn't a threat to do anything, he just grabs them to slow them down instead of moving his feet. perhaps better coaching, since he rarely is in a defensive crouch, not ready to slide quickly to cover his man. could this be linked to his sore achilles? so in the end, conditioning and strength could be the solution to his shortcomings. wish we had someone "like" kg to come in and teach him and whg a thing or two about defensive intensity, toughness and smarts.
cragganmor

Postby shakespeare » February 19, 2017, 7:49 pm

spree#8 wrote:despite being positive on him, I also see his weaknesses.

Well said.
And basically what it boils down to regarding Porzingis, Carmelo and any other player or debate on NYKFP.

And it goes back to when I despised the pick based on pre-conceived notions of euro big men and, of course, Bargnani who did nothing to prove those perceptions wrong. I remember when we debated the 4th pick
and, at the end of the day, I knew that KP would either prove me right or prove me wrong.

He proved me wrong, cause he balled.

As you know, I love sports debates. I was raised on sports radio where callers debated radio hosts via a wide range of topics. So when I'm involved in a good debate with a good debater, or witness good debates between good debaters, I'm trained to recognize logical points, mainly.

Which brings me to this next point, the most important point of all: You gotta know who you're debating, as well. When I see someone criticizing Porzingis for not being a strong rebounder due to his 7.2 average, yet praising Bargnani who averaged 4.6 rebounds his NBA career, then it's no longer a sports debate.

It's a comedy show,
otherwise known as a joke.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » February 19, 2017, 8:59 pm

^^^
SMH, this boy tries sooo hard. But...

Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby shakespeare » February 19, 2017, 9:26 pm

Oh, there's the idiot, right there. Lol.

I thought you'd be somewhere starting a pro basketball league with Larry Johnson.

Hahaha.

Pure idiot.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 19, 2017, 9:30 pm

I sure hope you're not banned for your racist remarks, cause, from this day forward...

I'm gonna torture you.

Trust me.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 19, 2017, 9:37 pm

Who claims Bargnani is better than Porzingis, and even has the audacity to speak on KP's two-year rebounding average when Bargs averaged less than 5 rebounds per game for his entire NBA career?

An idiot.

And the thing about an idiot is an idiot doesn't know it's an idiot.

I thought for sure you'd be somewhere at a Black Lives Matter rally protesting social injustices.

Zzzz.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 19, 2017, 9:54 pm

I thought for sure you'd be somewhere starting a pro basketball league with Larry Johnson.

Hahaha.

Oh look, LJ's publicly defending "the white man" Dolan. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.2975880

Years ago, when you made the statement, "And they said Shakespeare was black," after I'd called LJ's bluff on starting an all-black league, you played yourself.

That's what idiots do.

You somehow questioned my blackness when you know neither me nor Larry Johnson from a can of paint. Larry Johnson wouldn't even acknowledge you, son.

Now look, LJ's defending Dolan against Draymond's claims that he displayed a slave mentality. Think about that for a second or in-between all the social activism you do. BTW, Larry's still cashing those Dolan signed checks, too.

So, 1) either LJ isn't your "brother" either, as you believed him to be based on his words
OR 2) someone's an idiot.

I'd bet my life the answer is 2.

shakespeare wrote:

OR 2) someone's an idiot

Hahahaha.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » February 20, 2017, 7:43 am

Checkmate... 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby shakespeare » February 20, 2017, 2:08 pm

I googled "great black social activists in modern-day history" and this is what I found:

Dr. King
Malcolm X
Louis Farrakhan
Huey Newton
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Marcus Garvey
Fred Hampton
Barack Obama
Jesse Jackson
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 20, 2017, 2:16 pm

shakespeare wrote:
I thought for sure you'd be somewhere at a Black Lives Matter rally protesting social injustices

Or in Chicago where 3 children have been gunned down this past week. https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... r.amp.html

I know how much it bothers you to see your future kings and queens gunned down in the streets.
I wish there was someway you could find time between your speaking engagements at the black colleges across the nation, so you could share your knowledge with the black men that are killing babies.

I know how much it bothers you to see your "brothers" doing "the white man's" job.

Go to Chicago's Southside neighborhoods and call your brothers "coons."

Go ahead and prove me wrong. Lol.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby washingtonparkjones » February 20, 2017, 3:22 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
SMH, this boy tries sooo hard. But...

You really are a piece of shit. Nasty person. Really dumb too.

Just block the posts Shakes. There's no redemption for people who enjoy being assholes.
washingtonparkjones

Postby Ingus » April 25, 2017, 9:41 am

There was a 45 minute interview with Porzingis and his 2 brothers yesterday in his home town. Short summary:
1. He will join the National Team in European Championship.
2. He has planned to train with WBC cruiserweight champion Maris Briedis for a week or two.
3. He is going to focus on low post game.
4. Opening of two more open basketball courts in Latvia (#2 and #3 respectively)
You can see a video of how the first one looked here: http://sportacentrs.com/sportacentrs_tv/09062016-liepaja_tuvojas_noslegumam_kristapa_porzi
5. Focus on gaining some weight/becoming stronger
6. Running a basketball camp for children in Latvia

Not a reason to dislike the guy.
Ingus

Postby taowave » April 25, 2017, 11:22 am

As unprofessional as it is to skip meetings and bolt town,I have nothing but respect for KP. What I really like he how he has Melos back, and let's the organization know it.

Phil has been an utter disgrace and failure and I am happy to see that KP wants some accountability, stability and direction.

The Zen pussy fired Fisher for much less.

Curious to see how Phil handles this.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » April 25, 2017, 12:50 pm

taowave wrote:As unprofessional as it is to skip meetings and bolt town,I have nothing but respect for KP. What I really like he how he has Melos back, and let's the organization know it.

Phil has been an utter disgrace and failure and I am happy to see that KP wants some accountability, stability and direction.

The Zen pussy fired Fisher for much less.

Curious to see how Phil handles this.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » April 25, 2017, 1:31 pm

I dont see Dolan firing Phil..esp after he gave him the extension

so unless Phil wants to leave....hes staying
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 25, 2017, 8:15 pm

He will definet;y fire him if things dont turn around this year

Don Che wrote:I dont see Dolan firing Phil..esp after he gave him the extension

so unless Phil wants to leave....hes staying
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » April 25, 2017, 8:32 pm

TBH in my opinion, the only reason Dolan even extended Phil is because Dolan currently needs Phil as a media smokescreen for all the PR bullshit Dolan put himself through this year.

If Dolan didn't have that situation with Oakley AND now that Knicks fan that is "no longer" a season ticket holder (thanks to Dolan's narcissistic ass nonetheless), you wouldn't be hearing any news about a Phil Jackson extension to start off the NBA playoffs.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby taowave » April 25, 2017, 8:35 pm

I agree...Dolan cant take a PR hit right now,which makes the KP chess game all the more interesting

Plus,Didint Phil have the option on this year?

big_j_NY wrote:TBH in my opinion, the only reason Dolan even extended Phil is because Dolan currently needs Phil as a media smokescreen for all the PR bullshit Dolan put himself through this year.

If Dolan didn't have that situation with Oakley AND now that Knicks fan that is "no longer" a season ticket holder (thanks to Dolan's narcissistic ass nonetheless), you wouldn't be hearing any news about a Phil Jackson extension to start off the NBA playoffs.
taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks