[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » July 20, 2018, 3:50 pm

if we are top 5 pick lottery bad to begin the year...its best he sits.

but you may be more into how well KP does. I'm personally more into both how KP does and how the Knicks grand scheme is going forward.

and yes...i find a player taking on that type of injury(even tho no cartilage was torn) to come back in a year and dominate the nba and "change the game" from day 1. To be laughable.

I love KP but...the game is the game and science is science.
Don Che

Postby Laborant » July 20, 2018, 4:28 pm

Don Che wrote:if we are top 5 pick lottery bad to begin the year...its best he sits.

but you may be more into how well KP does. I'm personally more into both how KP does and how the Knicks grand scheme is going forward.

and yes...i find a player taking on that type of injury(even tho no cartilage was torn) to come back in a year and dominate the nba and "change the game" from day 1. To be laughable.

best possible ACL tear - He will be back by christmas game! He will dominate from the start! He will brake the game! :drunk:
besides that... he needs to show up if he wants NYK to have a good chance to get top free agent in 2019 offseason!
Laborant

Postby NYGM » July 20, 2018, 5:57 pm

We need him to at least show he's healthy again.. How can you attract those FA if your top players health is an uncertain?..
NYGM

Postby StevoStarks » July 20, 2018, 10:21 pm

NYGM wrote:We need him to at least show he's healthy again.. How can you attract those FA if your top players health is an uncertain?..

That’s the dilemma. I just want a legit medical clearance if he is ready. We’ve been burned by this medical staff before. Obviously, avoiding future injury is paramount.

But we also have the most patient management and coaching staff in a long while. They’ve convinced me they’ll be doing this rebuild the textbook way. So if he does come back, I have more faith.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » July 20, 2018, 11:07 pm

Maybe the exception to the rule,but I believe Adrien Peterson came back in 6 months time and was as absolute beast..

Don Che wrote:if we are top 5 pick lottery bad to begin the year...its best he sits.

taowave

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 8:16 am

I've said my plan personally on other threads...and outside of the kawhi plan in which its slim my main plan is to be hitters in 2020.

I only go after FA's once we are a playoff team....I only want KP to play if we are competitive and borderline a playoff team without him.

my views on what's best is fluid depending on what the team shows me. ppl expect a bottom 5 team without kp....and if that estimation is right....I want kp out all year....rehab...gain power in his core and fully prepare for the year after to kill everyone.

if these young guys are in the 10 to 8th range in standings in January...bring him back and see where u land and go for a max guy

if we are 5th seed and up.....bring him back and dont sign any max guys....your core is it...resign rotation guys and let them improve.

I think this idea of "let's do this in w/e year" is stupid. concrete no options planning without evaluating and re planning handicaps true progress
Don Che

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 8:20 am

and AP is an alien plus look at how he is built.

KP is long and slender....with other minor injuries ....he needs to work on his body to prevent injury.

lebron never gets hurt.....and he admitted himself he mainly works out core muscles the most. I dont see those things are exclusive ideas. even tho Lebron is a cyborg
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » July 21, 2018, 8:34 am

Don Che wrote:and AP is an alien plus look at how he is built.

KP is long and slender....with other minor injuries ....he needs to work on his body to prevent injury.

lebron never gets hurt.....and he admitted himself he mainly works out core muscles the most. I dont see those things are exclusive ideas. even tho Lebron is a cyborg

Mostly he's got a work on his behaviors. I been watching a lot of off-season training videos and a lot of times it's what you do in practice. Things like a no jump rule. No jumping to block shots, no jumping to grab boards, no jumping to take shots. No jumping. Then the real games start and obviously a players gonna jump but by then they've learned the instincts and floor game to get what they want without relying on athleticism.
Watch Kevin Love. Dude can grab 10boards without leaving the ground. KP will always be athletic. He's gotta learn to save it for when it's necessary
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 8:45 am

I agree ....but those guys like Love and ZBo or Duncan do all the hard work boxing out.

to box out you need a base aka legs and core....KP isnt strong enough to move you on the floor to save his jumping...his only chance to get it is from up top which he has to jump for.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » July 21, 2018, 9:24 am

Don Che wrote:I agree ....but those guys like Love and ZBo or Duncan do all the hard work boxing out.

to box out you need a base aka legs and core....KP isnt strong enough to move you on the floor to save his jumping...his only chance to get it is from up top which he has to jump for.

Well KP.......you got until 2019. Get busy. You gotcher fancy trainer that nobody likes making outlandish claims (not too crazy imo). That's what you pay him for.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 9:44 am

I just dont like his demeanor and vibe...his ideas make sense and if KP can do it....we are in good hands.

he should be much stronger when he comes back hence I'm good with waiting
Don Che

Postby taowave » July 21, 2018, 9:47 am

Yup,AP and Bron are a different species..

Did you know AP tore his ACL and MCL??

Don Che wrote:and AP is an alien plus look at how he is built.

taowave

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 12:23 pm

yeh what he did doesnt even make sense in that sport
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » July 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Don Che wrote:I've said my plan personally on other threads...and outside of the kawhi plan in which its slim my main plan is to be hitters in 2020.

I only go after FA's once we are a playoff team....I only want KP to play if we are competitive and borderline a playoff team without him.

my views on what's best is fluid depending on what the team shows me. ppl expect a bottom 5 team without kp....and if that estimation is right....I want kp out all year....rehab...gain power in his core and fully prepare for the year after to kill everyone.

if these young guys are in the 10 to 8th range in standings in January...bring him back and see where u land and go for a max guy

if we are 5th seed and up.....bring him back and dont sign any max guys....your core is it...resign rotation guys and let them improve.

I think this idea of "let's do this in w/e year" is stupid. concrete no options planning without evaluating and re planning handicaps true progress

Not a bad plan :clap:
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 24, 2018, 3:39 pm

TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 25, 2018, 5:08 am

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/07/24/new- ... e-recover/

Don't remember who it was who was also recommending that KP stops jumping around rabbit-style. The problem was detected and it seems special training will be performed in order to help with that
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » July 25, 2018, 7:44 am

thanks Nazr

issue is my plan or options takes all year to see and can look different by the month

but we have 9 lottery picks from the last 4 drafts and we have all guys young in their own drafts so at one point all these guys were regarded as high talent. personally I dont think that's the best idea but I hope I'm wrong.

but KP needs to take his time regardless. I dont care if kyrie and other guys wanna see him play. kp needs to change mechanics and get muscles stronger and more flexible. the rehab to health may be 1 time line but changing his habits? is a whole other deal that could take months.

what we gotta do is.......look at our 9 lottery guys and filter 1(if lucky) or 2(if finally the basketball gods are on our side). who can be our next all star: Knox and Mario have the highest chance in today's NBA. Mudiay is third.....then you gotta ask who can be our starter role players in a championship level: Frank Mitch are my guys there...Burke, Tim and one of Vonleh/Luke/Kanter could be our rotation guys(Burke,Tim,Kanter would be the best offensive bench in the East imo)

obv all this can be rearranged but out of the 9....you gotta filter it down to 6 and apply them correctly in the span of a team concept

so when KP comes back....you know where hes gonna play and you drop Godzilla on earth and let the wars begin but first you need to be patient and truly evaluate what you we have without him.
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Hold on

The nine lottery picks everyone talks about are
Knox
Frank
KP
Mario
Mudiay
Vonleh
Kanter
Noah

So not exactly last 4 drafts.

I overall agree with the potential of our young guys. Although I would inverse Mudiay and Frank of course :thumbsup:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » July 25, 2018, 9:55 am

take Noah out and add burke

so its eight in 4 drafts
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » July 25, 2018, 10:22 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:https://dailyknicks.com/2018/07/24/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-must-change-recover/

Don't remember who it was who was also recommending that KP stops jumping around rabbit-style. The problem was detected and it seems special training will be performed in order to help with that

Good read. For myself and others constantly seeking information and hopefully knowledge of the injury, recovery and preventive methods that can or will be used in the future...this article came right on time. Like someone else said, most likely Porzingis will continue to suffer setbacks. He’s been injury-prone since entering the league. But, as far as season and career-ending [b]knee[b/]injuries, focusing on the proper mechanics should offer positive results.

Also, I read the article on THJ as well. If anyone has noticed, I never spoke negatively about him the past season. While many offered criticism, I felt like the 26 year old proved himself as a “scorer” in the league. And improved his rebounding and assists, which I’d hoped would be the case. I honestly don’t understand the THJ hate.

I mean, it’s not like premiere shooting guards were lined up outside the Garden dying to sign a contract.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks