WE NEED RONDO

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: WE NEED RONDO

Postby KnicksRUs » March 21, 2014, 3:42 pm

I just don't want to see a revival unless there's actual substantial news to report. It just gets my hopes up for nothing.

I still say Kemba in 2015 is our best bet. Melo returned home. Phil returned home. Time to bring back Kemba. Despite actually having a lot of success I think he's being underutilized in CHA. He'll be a lot cheaper than Rondo. Plus he's a better shooter which we need to surround Melo with.
"Fat chicks need lovin too, but they gotta pay"
KnicksRUs

Postby KnicksRUs » March 21, 2014, 3:52 pm

Key thing to note is that we don't need playmaking PGs like Rondo and Rubio for the triangle offense. We need playmaking bigs. I could make the argument Kemba would be a better PG in a triangle oriented system than Rondo for a much cheaper price. For this kind of offense you need bigger guards who can penetrate and knock down perimeter shots. Ex. D Fisher and Ron Harper......

P Jax won't target Rondo in 2015. He'll target versatile big men like Love or Aldridge. Or he may just be ballsy enough to try and sign both with the cap space we'll have. Having Love, Aldridge, and Melo in a triangle oriented offense would be a coaches dream. Melo could play all three of the main positions extremely well. Love and Aldridge can do what Gasol did but even better.

Depending on the offense we put in place Rondo could be a bad investment.
KnicksRUs

Postby DerekHarper » March 21, 2014, 4:31 pm

Lets see what happens and I do see your point. But Rondo is second to none. His defense and willpower are my favorite parts of his game. He is fearless and has a track record of hanging with the best of them. Luc Longley wasn't a great passer. I think in terms of IQ, Rondo brings a lot to the table and would be a teacher to Melo. Pippen and Jordan had incredible IQ but Pippen was a good ying to the force of yang Jordan brought (Zen for you). You need an equal but opposite energy and Rondo provides that. I would argue no one else is able to do that but him for the force that is Melo. Maybe down the line but he would hit the ground running in the triangle Zen Master system in my humble opinion.
DerekHarper

Postby DerekHarper » March 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

If we trade our pick and get Rondo with Melo I am 300% behind this team full throttle. I love Rondo and he could make Melo better. He is smarter than the "coach" and we would have the real leadership. PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
DerekHarper

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2015, 1:27 pm

Trade Ur pick for Rondo?
Or
Trade your pick for who?

And signing Rondo would be a mistake for his price tag and doesn't fit how we play....doesn't defend like he used to and likes to run the offense....while we have the offense we run already Lol

Basically he won't be happy here cuz he won't have control....and we won't be happy overspending for skills that don't match our style of play.

I am a huge Rondo fan...but not for us
Don Che

Postby KnicksRUs » March 15, 2015, 1:51 pm

DerekHarper wrote:If we trade our pick and get Rondo with Melo I am 300% behind this team full throttle. I love Rondo and he could make Melo better. He is smarter than the "coach" and we would have the real leadership. PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Where do these people come from?
KnicksRUs

Postby thewatcher » March 15, 2015, 1:56 pm

guys don't panic, Rondo will be the most over-paid player in the league...Rondo and Fisher=nightmare.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby H20Knick » March 15, 2015, 2:01 pm

Rondo will end up getting less than Patrick Beverley this off-season
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby DerekHarper » March 15, 2015, 2:12 pm

He wants to play with Melo, on Record.

and KRU I come from the fucking streets of the library!
DerekHarper

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2015, 2:53 pm

If we spend for a guard going 9/6 and shoots 30% from the free throw line...I'd rather just let Galloway and Shved run the show and spend $$ on other positions
Don Che

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » March 15, 2015, 3:05 pm

Rondo is so overrated
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Muzhik1 » March 15, 2015, 3:13 pm

Rondo is one of the most overrated guards of all time. He looked good when he was playing with the big three of Pierce, KG, and Allen who drew a lot of defensive attention to themselves leaving him open for many offensive opportunities. He has never been a good shooter and has slowed down since his time in Boston. Rondo is also uncoachable and clashed with Allen, Doc Rovers, etc. He plays how he wants when he wants to. Following a specific triangle system will not benefit him.
Muzhik1

Postby cragganmor » March 15, 2015, 4:36 pm

rondo is playing very poorly for the mavs, one of the prime reasons why their postseason seeding is sinking. i agree with others, he's just not a good fit for our style of play and his temperament will create friction on this squad.

pg isn't our most glaring weakness in the backcourt with lang and shved on the roster. a legit-sized sg that can defend, slash, pass and shoot is what we need, ideally. now, a viable strategy is to get someone that gives you most of what you need but at a low cost/deal length while you develop someone that will fully fit that bill can work.
cragganmor

Postby rebound » March 15, 2015, 4:40 pm

shved>rondo.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby DerekHarper » March 15, 2015, 7:54 pm

you know i am not going to go HAM. but honestly we haven't had a good guard since Marbury. We need a nail eater type guard like CHris Childs Derek Harper and Charlie Ward.
DerekHarper

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2015, 9:40 pm

Shved isn't on the same planet as Rondo
Don Che

Postby KnicksRUs » March 15, 2015, 9:43 pm

DerekHarper wrote:He wants to play with Melo, on Record.

and KRU I come from the fucking streets of the library!

Your post honestly pissed me off. The fact that someone could actually believe we should trade our potential #1 pick for fucking Rajon Rondo is INSANE.

I seriously might not even want him for the veterans minimum because he's become this inevitable locker room cancer. Not to mention he can't shoot to save his life, which is NOT going to work in any form of Triangle offense.
Last edited by KnicksRUs on March 15, 2015, 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KnicksRUs

Postby DerekHarper » March 15, 2015, 10:08 pm

bro you aren't a pariah. be easy. we have been posting before you could go to R rated movies. Chill and respect a difference of opinion. Young players have a lot of trouble developing here along with everyone else. We had the 3 1st round picks one year and all the dudes panned out badly until some of them left. NYC is a harsh place for anyone but GROWN ASS MEN (GAM). I respect you have physical issues but it doesn't give you a pass to be an asshat man. Be easy.
DerekHarper

Postby KnicksRUs » March 15, 2015, 10:39 pm

My physical issues lol??? Jesus..... I vaguely even remember mentioning that. It's not even that bad.

Wasn't being a "pariah" at all. Saying a post pissed me off really doesn't warrant your defensive response lol.

Is it possible Rondo can regain the form he once had in Boston? Sure, but with his complete inability to consistently knock down an open jumpshot it requires him to have a very specific roster/offensive system/leadership structure around him.

Our system in place right now predicates high efficiency shooters at the guard position. Our leadership structure sucks balls- Melo is not a leader, Fisher is an unproven first year coach, and PJ won't have the influence as a GM. Rondo would eat them all alive with his arrogant personality.

If you can't see the inevitability of disorder between a Melo/Rondo/Fisher combination..... I don't know what to tell you lol.
KnicksRUs

Postby Nononsense » March 16, 2015, 11:18 am

Fellas, this discussion of trading/not-trading our pick for Rondo is meaningless simply because--for the umpteenth time--we simply cannot trade our pick. Rules under the current CBA prevent teams from trading successive first round picks. We've traded all the first round picks that can be traded through 2017... or something like that. I think the next tradable pick is 2018... but don't quote me on the exactness of the year. Point being, any talk of trading this year's pick is a farce.
Nononsense

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks