Nets put the nails in our coffin

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Linda
Likes given: 0

I think it's safe to say that the season is done. Chaney in his postgame conference sounded like he was delivering a eulogy and had given in to the fight, and understandably so.

Our guys tried really hard, especially when they could have packed it in at any time during the season. Remember 1-8 and all the talk about the lottery? This team is really undertalented in so many areas, but they have really played hard all season and overachieved.

It would have been a great story if they made the playoffs. Chaney said that it would be his biggest moment in basketball, beyond all the NY exploits in the playoffs, and I don't disagree.

I realize that Milwaukee lost and Wizards are probably going to lose to the Lakers, so we won't be affected standing-wise. However, it's no longer the effort that's going to kill this team from now on. At full strength, they don't measure up to most teams, but now that 3/5 of the starting lineup are hurting, I don't think we stand a chance.

Fans were booing the home team. While it's understandable because the Nets really put on an offensive display that humiliated the Knicks, I think that the fans need to cheer this team when it's all said and done for even taking us this far along on the ride.

All you can really ask for from a team is that they rise above their expectations and give it everything they have and these guys have really done that. At the end of the season, they should have nothing to hang their heads about.
MLintzenich

Linda, I agree. And I find it ironic and somehow karmic that the Nets would be the team to hammer in that nail. I think this season has been a lot of fun in the sense that the Knicks have really taken us on a wild, unexpected ride. If Thomas had been half as consistent as he's capable of being and McDyess had been around, this team would be contending in the East big time.

Matt
SlingBlade

Call me ignorant and naive, but I think the Knicks may still have a shot. Yes Milwaukee has the tiebreaker. Yes Washington will no matter what the Knicks do in MJ's final reg. season game. (Conf Winning Percentage counts, and Wiz have it clinched.)

I think anything could still happen. The Wiz have the toughest schedule in the eastern conference the rest of the way out. And the Bucks have been playing brutal, ugly basketball of late, and George Karl is starting to go ballistic again. The next 3 Knicks games are all road games. And they are all winnable. Yea, the Knicks most likely wont make the playoffs. But the next three games are winnable. Toronto is having a Cleveland like stretch lately, and Denver...well. Utah has gone through periods of brilliance, followed by periods of ugliness all season. Theyve been playin very well recently so...you never no. 3-0 in the next three could leave them a game or 2 back, tiebreaker of not. These games are surely winnable.
SlingBlade

Maybe the Knicks are done. They are playing heartless, gutless, mindless basketball against the Raptors so far.
MLintzenich

Like Fox Mulder, we so desperately want to believe...