shit to look forward to

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: shit to look forward to

Postby taowave » September 12, 2019, 7:03 am

I think Joe was saying he's looking foward to Fix getting canned...

I want to see a system,some D, and no more Iso as the main source of offense..

Im giving Fiz 20-25 games..

Don Che wrote:this thread is about looking forward to things you want to see lol

I am judging Fiz this year on coaching acumen ....idt any coach in history could win with Kanter/Knox/Burke and Tim in a rotation.
taowave

Postby Rusty La Rue » September 12, 2019, 8:17 am

JoeD wrote:This is a very stupid organization. Perry and Fizdale want to prove Frank is a bust and doing everything in their power to make it as if he is a bad pick. Perry is going out of his way to add retreads from his previous regime in Orlando. Then adding Mudiay and giving him ridiculous amount of playing time to increase his value for free agency that they had no intention of bringing back. Perry and Fizdale have been awful, I mean down right awful. Last year accomplished nothing no player development, no system a defense that got worse as the season went on. Not once did Robinson mention Fizdale as the reason he improved.

The Knicks can’t afford to go into the season with a lousy coach like Fizdale. We need a system coach who will put players in a position to learn and play basketball as a team. The way the Knicks play is a bunch of I mentality basketball. This will get the Knicks no where.

Damn... that is aggressive and we havn't even played a game yet...

Ntilikina was about to get a good run as a starter but then he got injured... Nothing wrong with seeing what Mudiay could do and when the season started they surely hadn't made a decision on him yet at that point... Lots of playing time for young players like DSJ, Mitch, Trier, Knox, Dotson etc.

I think Perry has done a good job and if the stories are true I actually like that he didn't offer an injured KD the full max... The jury is still out on Fizdale but I still have hope for him...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Don Che » September 14, 2019, 7:54 pm

this is a big year for us to establish some form of W's/ consistency and figure out who in our young group we are building with moving forward.

Between the players below we need to figure out which 2 or 3 are "our guys" and more importantly how to flip the other guys that are not cornerstones and have them placed in a role to help the others/traded for vets that help the core or for future picks.

Mitch
RJ
Trier
Frank
Dennis
Knox
Randle

This year I want to see who rises out of this group to b our pillars of our franchise. We need our "Duncan/Parker/Ginobli" that fits into Fiz's vision and let it fly. Very excited to see who wins it out. Mitch is the safest to make it but most limited offensively. The rest it really depends.

Hard part is 5 of the7 play multiple positions and obv in today's NBA everyone loves that but the issue is...its harder to know which combo's work if you can place players in different positions on the floor.

Knox and Dennis are on my all or nothing list...highest talent on the list but lowest intangibles. If they aren't dropping 20 to 30 consistently/efficiently I'm not sure how they help you win at a championship level.

And while I am team Frank...I'm ok with being wrong on all of it as long as the players get a chance and theres something tangible to review and form championship habits which atleast I know Fiz is familiar with.

If you guys had to pick 3 players to build with(with a blank slate of a roster) who would you pick?
Don Che

Postby Don Che » September 15, 2019, 9:36 am

https://youtu.be/eMdPLhA7drI

really interesting concept on an offensive scheme that I think Fiz would want to use with his non positional philosophy and with Randle you could have 4 playmakers on the floor at once
Don Che

Postby rebound » September 15, 2019, 10:50 am

the most jacked knicks player since noah vonleh*
a stronger knox could be an offensive juggernaut.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » September 15, 2019, 12:11 pm

Going to take more than strength needs to have better IQ out there
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Don Che » September 15, 2019, 1:51 pm

hes 2 years away or maybe 1 from being a full time 4 and that's when you will see him have an impact.

hes a backup 3/4 until than
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » September 15, 2019, 3:59 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Going to take more than strength needs to have better IQ out there

The good news is this guy is clearly a hard worker in the gym, so clearly the only thing to fix his basketball awareness and low bball on the floor..............IS MENTORSHIP.

Hopefully Taj Gibson and all the other vets. we brought onto this team will start having an impact on this man's b-ball IQ.

I trust these vet. guys we brought in more than the "knucklehead vets" that we've surrounded our young guys in previous years (coughsKENYONMARTINcoughs)
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
big_j_NY

Postby gradyandrew » September 15, 2019, 10:03 pm

Hey, don't shit on Kenyon! Him and JR were the keys to a late season stretch that landed the Knicks the 2 seed. DPOY Chandler got hurt and Kenyon stepped up.
But yeah, between Taj and Wayne and even Bobby P. Knicks got some hardworkers. Morris is the biggest locker room question mark. If he's not getting PT I can't imagine him being happy.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby Rusty La Rue » September 16, 2019, 4:10 am

rebound wrote:Image

the most jacked knicks player since noah vonleh*
a stronger knox could be an offensive juggernaut.

He forgot leg day :blink:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 16, 2019, 5:37 am

Rusty La Rue wrote:
He forgot leg day :blink:

:LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » September 16, 2019, 8:44 am

That's Jacked :?
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 16, 2019, 9:41 am

I don't see it either.... esp if you just spent 2 minutes on Randle's IG
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 16, 2019, 9:43 am

Nice article on how this season is also crucial not only for Frankk but for DSJ as well to prove he's more than another Trey Burke:
https://dailyknicks.com/2019/09/14/new- ... cial-year/

I really believe in the boy. He could make a D'Aaron Fox kind of leap this season if his shot is falling. Then the goal would be to be average+ on defense
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 16, 2019, 10:05 am

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/5-things ... /310719532

For those too lazy to click on the link and read the article, here are the 5 things the author wants to happen in 2019-2020:
1. 2nd year players Knox and Robinson taking a leap
2. R.J. Barrett shining
3. Julius Randle embracing the number one option
4. Finding a long-term Point Guard
5. Gaining assets for veterans at trade deadline

I'd say #4 could be said for all position although I understand PG is particularly sensitive.
And I'd add
6. Fizdale finding and keeping faithful to a clear game identity
NewlyKnicked

Postby rebound » September 16, 2019, 6:19 pm

Just turned 20 years old and 6'10. he's going to approach a lebron tier physique.

randle is one of the strongest guys in the nba but knox is more mobile.
blake griffin, zion williamson being two other bulldozer types.

knox is more strength and mobility like giannis and lebron.
Team Mills
rebound

Previous

Return to New York Knicks