11/7/18: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks (W 112-107)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 11/7/18: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks (7:30 pm)

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 7, 2018, 10:12 pm

NYGM wrote:Is Trey hurt?

Na midday passed him as backup PG
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby taowave » November 7, 2018, 10:14 pm

Burke did not pick up where he left off
taowave

Postby spree#8 » November 7, 2018, 10:29 pm

Good start, great third quarter, good win to keep a positive vibe. 20 freebies by THJ to overcome a bad shooting night from the field. :thumbsup:
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby NewlyKnicked » November 8, 2018, 4:04 am

Not the best game ever but still a good win on the road! The Hawks suck real bad, can't help beating them out of simple respect for ourselves.

- Glad to see Frankie back. Nothing like a small revolving door named Trae Young to stop a slump. I liked the postups (pretty obvious on a guy 5 inches smaller)
- Good effort on D by Robinson. Very intimitading. He had just the most beautiful block way up high in the sky on Dembry
- THJ is a scoring machine
- Trier sent Bazemore to the ground. Nice
- Finally, Perry is team watcher:
from twitter, Ian Begley
"Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking."
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » November 8, 2018, 4:29 am

Summing up some positives:
"You have to give all these guys credit," Hardaway said. "Noah Vonleh kept us in the game in the first half. Allonzo Trier attacking. Frank knocking down shots. Emmanuel Mudiay coming in and imposing his will, posting up, defending Trae. I could go on and on. It was a team effort."
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby spree#8 » November 8, 2018, 4:33 am

Fiz:
"I think going back through it, I would think that third quarter’s got to be one of our best ball-movement quarters of the year," Fizdale said. "Probably gotta figure out how to bottle that up."
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby thewatcher » November 8, 2018, 7:28 am

rebound wrote:anyone worried about how soft knox looks? hopefully he just needs to get back into rhythm. lots of jumpers.
yup, no sign of SL Knox, may have to wait a year for him to physically mature, but I am a little worried.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby thewatcher » November 8, 2018, 7:30 am

spree#8 wrote:Summing up some positives:
"You have to give all these guys credit," Hardaway said. "Noah Vonleh kept us in the game in the first half. Allonzo Trier attacking. Frank knocking down shots. Emmanuel Mudiay coming in and imposing his will, posting up, defending Trae. I could go on and on. It was a team effort."
I love hearing Tim praise his teammates, his leadership is the key towards winning games this year.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby shakespeare » November 8, 2018, 9:18 am

Agreed. THJ has emerged as the leader of the team in KP’s absence. Not only has he stepped up on the court, but as a vocal leader as well.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » November 8, 2018, 9:20 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:”Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking."

Nothing can stop this tank.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » November 8, 2018, 9:42 am

#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » November 8, 2018, 12:22 pm

thewatcher wrote:yup, no sign of SL Knox, may have to wait a year for him to physically mature, but I am a little worried.

Hes out of rhythm and he probably feels out of place right now after being out. Fiz just has to try and get him integrated into the offense. Right now they have him playing the Lance Thomas role which isnt beneficial to his strengths... Wanna see him making cuts to the hoop, catching the ball on the move. Right now hes just a spot up jump shooter.
Koopa Troopa

Postby thewatcher » November 8, 2018, 12:29 pm

No question koop, Fiz said after the game that he hasn't practiced since the injury and he wants Kev in practice, but it's rough with our shot loving gaurds.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby taowave » November 8, 2018, 3:47 pm

What I really don't get is Trier handling the ball and "initiating" the offense to the degree he does..

Trier at the point with Mudiay playing off ball doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense to me
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » November 8, 2018, 6:33 pm

Tao it makes sense when you understand that hes only gonna go into iso the second he crosses half court. I guess you could argue that Mudiay should dribble cross court so Homeless Harden can conserve his energy for the eventual and predictable iso on the other side but you get my point.

He gon iso
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby bobhait » November 9, 2018, 3:23 am

Mudiay is not a long-term solution at PG, unless something crazy happens. Trier handling the ball may well be an attempt to get one of the young guards going at PG. Frank's certainly not stepping up.

far as the game, playing a team that's even worse than us can be very forgiving. we should have lost last night, but the Hawks were making even more mistakes than us
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Postby thewatcher » November 9, 2018, 7:41 am

bobhait wrote:Mudiay is not a long-term solution at PG, unless something crazy happens. Trier handling the ball may well be an attempt to get one of the young guards going at PG. Frank's certainly not stepping up.

far as the game, playing a team that's even worse than us can be very forgiving. we should have lost last night, but the Hawks were making even more mistakes than us
Mudiay is going to shock us I'm hoping, love what Im seeing from him the last couple of games.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby thewatcher » November 9, 2018, 8:08 am

Here's a fun fact for the Tankers, we've been ahead in the 4th quarter of every game except the Miami game. :hmm: if we figure out how to win, we will win too many games for a high pick.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby taowave » November 9, 2018, 10:03 am

LMFAO at Homeless Harden!!!

Here's the dam problem..The guy is incredibly efficient...620 TS percentage..

And the guy thinks he's Kobe
nazrmohamed wrote:Tao it makes sense when you understand that hes only gonna go into iso the second he crosses half court. I guess you could argue that Mudiay should dribble cross court so Homeless Harden can conserve his energy for the eventual and predictable iso on the other side but you get my point.

He gon iso
taowave

Postby Don Che » November 9, 2018, 10:57 am

If he had more tools he would be a special player. he knows how to play...kids should use him as a template to going to school 4 years.

if Stanley Johnson played 3 or 4 years he'd be an entirely different player now.

idt kids understand just how much they learn playing in college at these good programs.

i think you get physically better in the NBA but mentally understanding what a good shot and what a bad shot is...how to handle a close out..setting proper screens...things that all great teams need are learned there.

Trier isnt the fastest/tallest guy but he has 1 elite skill...and he just knows how to rely on that skill. Put his game on a lower IQ and he's bagging my groceries.
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks