And the Winner is David Fizdale..(Press Conference on PG.7)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

https://nypost.com/2018/05/15/former-kn ... %20buttons

“I love David,’’ Woodson told The Post two weeks ago. “I gave him his first job on the bench — I know he worked one season before in Golden State. We’re very close. I’m sure he would call.’’

Woodson’s contract was up and Rivers is making him the scapegoat for a defensive regression this past season, with the Clippers allowing 109 points per game. Woodson was put in charge of the defense at midseason. Of course, the Clippers were without their best defenders in Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverley, and Deandre Jordan became less of a rim protector.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Big J.

Remember the time

At that moment, at that exact moment, I too would’ve offered Houston the $100 million contract.

It was one of the best feelings I’ve experienced as a Knick fan.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

shakespeare wrote:Big J.

Remember the time

At that moment, at that exact moment, I too would’ve offered Houston the $100 million contract.

Brings a tear of joy to my eye every time I see that shot. Back when I loved basketball and basketball loved me back.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
shakespeare

StevoStarks wrote:
Brings a tear of joy to my eye every time I see that shot. Back when I loved basketball and basketball loved me back.
#TeamTank
Mr3037

StevoStarks wrote:
[/quote]

Cant put it any better than that :clap:
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 794

shakespeare wrote:Big J.

Remember the time

Yeah that was one of the best :drool: I think I woke up the entire neighborhood when that shot went in :D
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Boston_PuppyDawg

Former Heat scout and Hornets assistant Pat Delaney is a candidate to join David Fizdale's staff, according to sources.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Memphis coach J.B. Bickerstaff is interviewing coaches for his staff with the knowledge that Keith Smart will join David Fizdale as an assistant with the Knicks, per ESPN sources. Smart will be a top assistant on Fizdale’s staff.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I can't wait to see this full coaching staff. Woodson would be dope but I can understand Fiz not asking for him. Last time he was in NY he took that job from Dantoni and ran with it. He's have cause to be wary. I'd love it though...... him being an assistant.
Boston_PuppyDawg

The Knicks are talking seriously with Lakers assistant Jud Buechler about joining head coach David Fizdale's staff as an assistant, per ESPN sources. More: https://t.co/UjHojpfYdG
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

I’ve read Woodson might go to Phoenix. If so, it means that Fiz really didn’t want him around on this one. Maybe concerns about directing your old boss? Fear the message could get mixed up?

I like Woodson but I could understand not taking him for those reasons.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Boston_PuppyDawg

Royal Ivey is a candidate to join David Fizdale's staff as assistant coach with the New York Knicks, league sources told The Athletic. He's been an assistant coach with the Oklahoma City Thunder and previously spent 10 seasons in the NBA.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
The Knicks are in advanced talks with Los Angeles Clippers assistant Pat Sullivan about an assistant role on David Fizdale's staff, per ESPN sources. Sullivan has coached with the Clippers for the past two seasons. Prior to that, he'd been an assistant in Washington, Detroit and with the then New Jersey Nets. Sullivan, a New Jersey native, coached in Detroit when Knicks GM Scott Perry was an executive with the club. As a player, he was a part of three Final Four teams at North Carolina. He also was an assistant coach for three Final Four teams at UNC. The Knicks are also in serious talks with Lakers assistant Jud Buechler, per sources, and are expected to add Memphis assistant Keith Smart as a top assistant to Fizdale.
#knickstape
Don Che

we are contacted a dozen ex players that i could care less about...just hope they can coach but I have no idea how good they are or not.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Another sign that suggests NYK is high on 2017 first-round pick Frank Ntilikina: new head coach David Fizdale is traveling to Boston with Ntilikina to attend Game 5 of the Celtics-Cavs Eastern Conference Finals, a league source confirmed. More: https://t.co/AR18hgWaqC
Ari_Ingus

GOod sign for NYK fans? KP is excited about Fiz
taowave
Likes given: 817

I get the feeling Hornacek failed to inspire KP..
Ari_Ingus wrote:
Mr3037

Ari_Ingus wrote:
When I first saw this I couldnt help but smile from ear to ear.

Fiz seems like the type of coach that would get you fired up & be willing to go to war with him...
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
taowave
Likes given: 817

I'll settle for getting KP to play the 5