12/4/17: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers (7:00 pm)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 12/4/17: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers (7:00 pm)

Postby Don Che » December 6, 2017, 12:00 pm

yeh at the end of it...we will need 2 superstars but superstars isnt generational talent.

We just need 2-3 all star caliber players that can all play at their max together. KP at his max is a scoring machine from midrange and 3 pointers that blocks shots at an elite level.

he needs a guy that can get assists at an elite level and defends at a high level

and another guy that can either score at a high efficiency ...either on the perimeter or low post...doesnt matter.
Don Che

Postby Rusty La Rue » December 6, 2017, 4:31 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:Still ignoring the point and only talking stats. The nets are always in the game and competing. There is accountability and effort gets you burn. They aren't as talented as NYK. But they compete every night regardless of opponent and regardless of who they are missing... theyve even had games with 4 starters out and remained competitive. The Knicks lose by 30 to a team that might not even make the playoffs. Regardless of who's out that's unacceptable. If the guys really were all in with Jeff they wouldn't give up that easily. And calling players missing from the nets scrubs is the actual hating. We're here analyzing Jeff based on his rotations, adjustments and lack of leadership. He can't get.the guys to compete for 48 minutes on any night.

What point... That you hate Hornacek... and have some weird crush on the Nets?

And they were not competing after the 1st quarter when we we rolled over them earlier in the season... but you seem to ignore that :?

What was confusing me and why I reacted was that during your Jeff bashing you somehow managed to praise the Nets which makes no sense...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Koopa Troopa » December 6, 2017, 4:54 pm

Rusty La Rue wrote:
What point... That you hate Hornacek... and have some weird crush on the Nets?

And they were not competing after the 1st quarter when we we rolled over them earlier in the season... but you seem to ignore that :?

What was confusing me and why I reacted was that during your Jeff bashing you somehow managed to praise the Nets which makes no sense...

I know its impossible to get through to you, but Ill answer anyway. The nets got blown out once this season. The Knicks got blown out multiple times just in the past few weeks. My whole point was they are competitive every night, the Knicks are not. Atkinson is a good coach, Jeff isnt. That is all. The reason I use the Nets as a comparison is because I have the YES network, its easy for me to watch their games
Koopa Troopa

Postby Rusty La Rue » December 6, 2017, 5:06 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:I know its impossible to get through to you, but Ill answer anyway. The nets got blown out once this season. The Knicks got blown out multiple times just in the past few weeks. My whole point was they are competitive every night, the Knicks are not. Atkinson is a good coach, Jeff isnt. That is all. The reason I use the Nets as a comparison is because I have the YES network, its easy for me to watch their games

Let us just agree to disagree... It is hard to debate with people who makes statements like this: 'Atkinson is a good coach, Jeff isnt'. Before the season half the people on this site and almost the entire sports media judged the Knicks as one of the worst teams in the NBA... A team that Hornacek has now made competitive... But according to you that is just KP playing well...

Let us judge Jeff and Atkinson at the end of the season...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Koopa Troopa » December 6, 2017, 5:38 pm

Rusty La Rue wrote:
It is hard to debate with people who makes statements like this: 'Atkinson is a good coach, Jeff isnt'.

Yeah it's hard to debate when you ignore the sentences I wrote right before that, or the multiple posts in this topic pointing out Jeff's lack of adjustments in game and between games. Or the posts about his rotations. Or how the team is always losing big leads or in giant deficits. Etc etc. No I just wrote 'Jeff bad.' :arrow:
Koopa Troopa

Postby Rusty La Rue » December 7, 2017, 12:07 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:Yeah it's hard to debate when you ignore the sentences I wrote right before that, or the multiple posts in this topic pointing out Jeff's lack of adjustments in game and between games. Or the posts about his rotations. Or how the team is always losing big leads or in giant deficits. Etc etc. No I just wrote 'Jeff bad.' :arrow:

Well basically that is what you are saying... Everything bad the Knicks does are Jeff's fault... are everything good are because of the players... Everything good the Nets do are because of Atkinson and everything bad is because the Nets players are not talented enough...

It is just funny how you keep writing Knicks are getting blown out... but ignore all the games where the Knicks have blown out there opponents... I am not saying Jeff is perfect but let us give him the season instead of judging him after 24 games where half the games have actually been good...

And before you mention he had last season... we all know Phil choose how the team should play not Jeff...

Maybe we need a coaching change come April... let's wait until then... If Jeff is so bad then we will end up a high lottery pick which isn't the worst thing going forward...
Rusty La Rue

Postby Don Che » December 7, 2017, 1:18 pm

^^ facts

minus firing in April....id rather have stability around this organization for a bit. We've been way too volatile and unless the second coming of Pop is out there...im good.

you have Pop and Stevens ......take the elevator 5 floors down and everyone else.
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » December 7, 2017, 1:42 pm

spree#8 wrote:
So I fail to see why we HAVE to get a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft.

I didn't copy and paste the entire post, but it was a great post.

Two things though: 1) The teams listed added talent via trades and/or free agency, as you mentioned, which isn't exactly New York's strongest suit. So, with that said, adding talent for us will need to come from the NBA Draft. 2) Celtics and Sixers, two teams in our division, continually add talent via high lottery picks in the draft. Not to mention Boston is adding talent via trades, too.

At the end of the day, we're all saying the same thing: Adding talent to the team. It's just that some of us rather the opportunity to add the absolutely top talent entering the league via 1-5 players.

Porzingis arrived via pick 4. If we had selected around 10 or lower that draft, we would've missed the opportunity, which I'm sure teams that actually drafted lower are telling themselves. I'd rather have one of the Top 5 picks in this draft opposed to, let's say, the 15th pick.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » December 7, 2017, 2:00 pm

Also, Klay Thompson arrived after a tank season and Cavs traded Andrew Wiggins to Timberwolves for Kevin Love. Wiggins was the top overall pick.

So, tanking and high lottery picks have their moments.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby taowave » December 7, 2017, 2:59 pm

I think the general consensus is a high draft pick is better than a low draft pick. :happy:

shakespeare wrote:Also, Klay Thompson arrived after a tank season and Cavs traded Andrew Wiggins to Timberwolves for Kevin Love. Wiggins was the top overall pick.

So, tanking and high lottery picks have their moments.
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » December 9, 2017, 9:09 am

It's cool and all that we won the next game, but I'm still trying to get my head around the magnitude of this loss. For all intents and purposes, this Indy team is in about the same spot as we are in. Both teams traded the face of the franchise away to rebuild around a young stretch big and have had unexpected success this season. Indy had the homecourt advantage so a loss wasn't unexpected but being down 40 in the 3rd quarter was. The lineup up and down couldn't stop Indy once until Joakim came in at the beginning of the 4th. The Knicks went on a mini run to make the score look a hell of a lot closer than it was.

In both this loss and the one in Orlando the Knicks effort was lacking. I see Enes as the biggest culprit as he seems to just get lost on defense. He'll run back, then jog when he realizes his man is still behind him, then start half ass running when he sees the other team blow past the perimeter for a layup with no one at home. This will happen for 3 minutes before Hornacek pulls him out. In both games the team looked clueless on defense, a habit this team can't afford to have.

I feel strongly that if the Knicks are going to be a playoff team, the road lies through Noah. I think he's only played two stretches, the super intense 3 minutes his first game and then 6 vs. Indy. You can see that hes's not injured, spry, and good defensively. It seems weird that he's kind of playing himself into game shape. He wasn't injured, just suspended, so why does he look a little unfamiliar out there?

Ever since the Cleveland game the Knicks game to game performance has been uneven, with the bigest reason being focus, or lack there of. Turnovers, poor defense, early fouls are all symptons of not being focused. Noah's intensity has always been his biggest attribute and I just think that if he were to become a regular part of the rotation, the benefits would be enormous.

My final thought: It's so weird that Beasley doesn't have a 3 pt game. He seems like he should be an Antoine Walker All-Star, a guy who takes WAY too many 3's but intead he just gets all his buckets inside the arc. I still think "I'm your favorite player's favorite player" is a hilarious line and I pretty much say it every time he gets a bucket.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Previous

Return to New York Knicks