Lebron isn't a fan of the French Prince

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Lebron isn't a fan of the French Prince

Postby spree#8 » November 13, 2017, 3:47 pm

Nononsense wrote:I thought about Curry after making my post, but I left it at that anyway. He's truly a special case. I'm not really comfortable calling him a score-first point guard. When you're as efficient as he is from 3-pt territory and when you're surrounded by the team that he has and with that type of system they have in tact... you see there are just so many variables that are so unique, but I did ask for one example and you gave it to me.

Keep this in mind though: For the most part, Steph has generally led them in the regular seasons but not so much when it comes to the playoffs... especially the Finals. The drop off is significant, and the fact that he doesn't have a Finals MVP is evidence. Anyway, DSJ will never be able to shoot with the precision of Curry. In fact, my guess is Curry's career 3pt percentage will be higher than DSJ's career field goal percentage. So my overall point still remains: Frank's tools (defense, passing, high IQ, high motor, court vision/awareness, and team orientation) are more crucial to achieving the overall goal of one day winning a championship.

Not true, keep attention. :P He HAD to get the Finals MVP in 2015 and played extremely well Finals last season. Both times better than many, many Finals MVPs before.

2017: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... riors.html (Durant was better)
2015: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... riors.html (Curry not getting the MVP was a joke)
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » November 13, 2017, 4:49 pm

its real easy to have a great finals when you have KD/Klay keeping things open for you.

the only reason Curry is a special case is his team that he's on. Draymond is just as much of a PG/leader of that team than Curry is.

Curry would drop buckets anywhere but if he was the main/only playmaker on his squad..he'd be what Lillard is.

The warriors team is what makes Curry lethal to a historical margin.

score first PG's dont win championships 8/10.

I've seen scrub facilitators win rings. the scoring PG's that win rings are 1. flat out STUDS and 2. not really the PG's of that specific team.

take Dray and Lebron off their teams and they dont win those rings. but if i put another scoring PG in their shoes with those playmakers...id assume they'd still win.

so in our case....French Prince gives us an easier rout in making a contender for a traditional sense.
Don Che

Postby Nononsense » November 13, 2017, 5:11 pm

Exactly Don. :thumbsup:

Spree, based on your avatar, I think we agree on my overall point. So let's just leave it at that. :)
Nononsense

Postby spree#8 » November 13, 2017, 5:21 pm

What's going on here? Curry is what made the Warriors special. Nothing easy about it, other than to play with him.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » November 13, 2017, 6:23 pm

spree#8 wrote:What's going on here? Curry is what made the Warriors special. Nothing easy about it, other than to play with him.

Yeah, I'm with Spree here. I'll post it here so in 15 years I can bring it back up, but Steph is the best ever. He'll win more rings than Jordan and will be the GOAT.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby taowave » November 13, 2017, 6:37 pm

I love Steph,but as of this moment he is in the same stratosphere as Steve Nash,and wil neevvvveer touch his Airness :D
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » November 13, 2017, 8:24 pm

taowave wrote:I love Steph,but as of this moment he is in the same stratosphere as Steve Nash,and wil neevvvveer touch his Airness :D

That's just ridiculous. Curry passed Nash about 2 title runs ago.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » November 13, 2017, 8:41 pm

You are severely over rating Curry as a playmaker relative to Nash..

nazrmohamed wrote:
That's just ridiculous. Curry passed Nash about 2 title runs ago.
taowave

Postby spree#8 » November 13, 2017, 10:49 pm

taowave wrote:I love Steph,but as of this moment he is in the same stratosphere as Steve Nash,and wil neevvvveer touch his Airness :D

Oh my. Your first comment is so wrong Tao. Curry is way above Nash (who shouldn't even have his two MVP trophies). No one (other than Grady) compares him to his airness.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » November 13, 2017, 10:54 pm

Whoever compares curry to Jordan hasn't seen Jordan play
Don Che

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 13, 2017, 10:57 pm

Curry >Nash
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby shakespeare » November 14, 2017, 10:01 am

Brooklyn wrote:
We're having a better than expected season - that is the big picture.

AGREED.

I'm happy New York passed on Dennis Smith.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » November 14, 2017, 10:29 am

like i said before the year....im enjoying the year..finally we get benefits regardless of the outcome. If we are a late lottery team....im hype. If this young squad makes the playoffs...im mad hype. if we bomb and go top 3 pick.....mad hype.

and Jeff has shown to be a good coach(like i said before his first year) he coaches young teams better than old ones.
Don Che

Postby gradyandrew » November 14, 2017, 10:30 am

Look, if you think "basketball" takes place in a mad max beyond thunderdome arena where two men enter and one man leaves and the official never calls offensive fouls, sure Jordan's your man.

But if it's a 5 on 5 team sport, totally different. Pace and space. Curry makes the whole team better in a way that Jordan couldn't. GSW are better than any of Jordan's teams, hell the nba is way better. Check out their efficiency and shooting. It's too early now but Steph has 6 more seasons to get 4 rings. But I'm thinking it will happen.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » November 14, 2017, 10:34 am

Don Che wrote:like i said before the year....im enjoying the year..finally we get benefits regardless of the outcome. If we are a late lottery team....im hype. If this young squad makes the playoffs...im mad hype. if we bomb and go top 3 pick.....mad hype.

and Jeff has shown to be a good coach(like i said before his first year) he coaches young teams better than old ones.

Yeah man, it's exciting to watch these guys busting their asses and giving a shit. They also love like they are having fun. I really hope Noah can contribute. He's got some swagger the Knicks need.
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » November 14, 2017, 10:39 am

gradyandrew wrote:Look, if you think "basketball" takes place in a mad max beyond thunderdome arena where two men enter and one man leaves and the official never calls offensive fouls, sure Jordan's your man.

But if it's a 5 on 5 team sport, totally different. Pace and space. Curry makes the whole team better in a way that Jordan couldn't. GSW are better than any of Jordan's teams, hell the nba is way better. Check out their efficiency and shooting. It's too early now but Steph has 6 more seasons to get 4 rings. But I'm thinking it will happen.

Grady....Curry isnt the best player on his own team nor is he the most important.

KD is the best player...period

Draymond is the heart/soul/brain of the team

Curry is just the most lethal weapon and the face of the franchise but lets not get this twisted.

if there are 2 teams. Curry is the best on his team and Jordan is the best on his team. They go out at it...Jordans team will win. The only person you can argue is Lebron no matter whos on his team..he's been the best player and when he leaves the team he leaves goes to sh*t
Don Che

Postby Don Che » November 14, 2017, 10:40 am

I do agree with you with Noah...as much as I liek Kyle and i grew up in Queens.....Noah is still better than he is. Kanter/KP/Noah can easily be the bigs rotation in a month
Don Che

Postby taowave » November 14, 2017, 10:41 am

Curry is in the same stratosphere as Nash..Nowhere near Jordan..Closer to Nash

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Curry >Nash
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » November 14, 2017, 7:05 pm

But Curry's team beats KD and Steph. Hell OKC had 2 MVPs and couldn't close out a 3-1 lead. Curry MAKES his teammates better What was Pip's best year? The year MJ sat out. So what does that say? Look at Javale, he went from out of the NBA to key contributor. You shouldn't penalize Curry for making his teammates better when Jordan really never could.
gradyandrew

Postby taowave » November 14, 2017, 7:13 pm

Grady,MJ was a 2 way player.He was All D,All World.Its not a knock against Curry, but he's nowhere near the taleny MJ was..And I hated MJ and love Curry..

P.S.. I am guessing you never saw MJ play??

gradyandrew wrote:But Curry's team beats KD and Steph. Hell OKC had 2 MVPs and couldn't close out a 3-1 lead. Curry MAKES his teammates better What was Pip's best year? The year MJ sat out. So what does that say? Look at Javale, he went from out of the NBA to key contributor. You shouldn't penalize Curry for making his teammates better when Jordan really never could.
taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks