Euro Basketball 2017 thread

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Kp - Latvia

Willy- Spain

Kuz- Lithuania

All playing in the tourney. Kuz is playing KP right now.
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Kp struggling with kuz defending him...
Fxck Adam Silver
Ari_Ingus
Likes given: 0

KP was struggling also on defense in my opinion against that Toronto Raptors guy. Not that good game in general.

P.S. This was a friendly game, but usually LAT vs LIT games have high pressure from fans and press so it`s not friendly game at all :) So this was close to real game with real NBA opponents for KP
ISIAH_THOMAS

You have the box score? He was bad at free throw line again as well
Fxck Adam Silver
Ari_Ingus

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:You have the box score? He was bad at free throw line again as well
I doubt there will be a box score for this friendly game. But if it will show up I will post.
taowave
Likes given: 844

I was never a big fan of Phil's from a management perspective,but he knows basketball...

Phil got roasted for trying to move KP, but if he can't dominate Kuz, maybe Phil was on to something..

KP needs to play the 5 ...
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Lol u guys flip over a game and ignore 2 years of NBA competition
taowave
Likes given: 844

I'd like to see KP at the 5, regardless of what he does in Euro..
Nononsense

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:You have the box score? He was bad at free throw line again as well
Ari_Ingus wrote:I doubt there will be a box score for this friendly game. But if it will show up I will post.
You're welcome. :)

Boxscore --> http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/LBS/567577/bs.html

KP's highlights:

[youtube]c0mIIk6Vlgs[/youtube]
Nononsense

He looked awkward on some plays and his shot was off, but we've seen all this before. So no worries there. On the bright side, here are five positive takeaways that I noticed:

1. That running hook shot is something I haven't seen from him. Reminds me of how Ewing used to dribble to the middle of the lane and drag his opponent with him then score. I saw KP do this twice today, one a hook shot and the other where he rises up and hits a short jumper.
2. He rebounded well, which is always nice to see since it seems he's been mediocre in that department thus far in his career.
3. Even when his shot wasn't falling he never seemed rattled or disturbed by it. Instead of getting down on himself, he maintained his composure and found other ways to be effective.
4. He was clutch and there for his team when they needed him most. That timely three at the top of the key was the nail in the coffin.
5. He's starting to take more of a leadership role with his teammates through both communication and action.
Nononsense

Oh, and I'm also encouraged by Kuz's play. Loving the international zest on our team with KP, Willy, Kuz, and Frank.
Ari_Ingus

Nononsense wrote:Oh, and I'm also encouraged by Kuz's play. Loving the international zest on our team with KP, Willy, Kuz, and Frank.
I`m sure it`s because he is one of the leaders and he dont need to be afraid to play. He is THE GUY from NBA while in NBA he is just a small fish :) if he can show the same mentality in NYK, he can be really good
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i couldnt see the game but based on the highlights he lookedcomfortable with the physicality at the 5 spot.

Is this true?

NBA is faster/wingspan league but in regards to hard screens and physical play europe is more traditional so if he can survive there he can handle it in the NBA IMO
Ingus

There were 9 fouls against KP, that is worth mentioning.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Ingus wrote:There were 9 fouls against KP, that is worth mentioning.
:LOL:
These friendly games sound more like an organized scrimmage than the NBA's exhibition games.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Ari_Ingus

n8 the gr8 wrote: :LOL:
These friendly games sound more like an organized scrimmage than the NBA's exhibition games.
That one had nothing from a friendly game. Couple of years ago it was so intense one latvian elbowed one of the lithuanians and nearly knocked him out. Its never been just a friendly game between Latvia and Lithuania. If you watched the game, it was real, it had speed like I have never seen from NYK with Melo slowing down everything.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Nononsense wrote:Oh, and I'm also encouraged by Kuz's play. Loving the international zest on our team with KP, Willy, Kuz, and Frank.
I think Kuz would always look like this in a lineup with better passing and overall tons of ball movement. Put him in a slowball scheme and hes probably useless. Hes the antithisus of Lance Thomas with an equal overall impact.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

I'm curious as to why Kuz looks so good defending KP when he normally looks so bad playing defense in the NBA. Maybe he needs to stick to guarding opposing 4s and stay away from the 3 spot.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Nononsense

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that players just play better in a nontoxic environment.
Ari_Ingus

It was not planned that KP won`t play against Romania and he might skip next game against Czechs, he have a minor knee injury, like a bruise or something. It will be known if he plays next game only shortly before game.