8th pick.. (Welcome Knickilina to NY)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Who do you want at pick 8?

Frank
38%
Monk
26%
Smith
32%
Isaac
3%
Somebody Else
No votes

Total votes : 34

Re: 8th pick.. (Make Your Choice)

Postby PistolPete » June 16, 2017, 11:12 pm

StevoStarks wrote:WTF is this?!? I don't know this guy, but I didn't pay attention to Duke either. Is he worth a shit? This sounds like a reach garbage pick by Phil. Or a smoke screen?

Duke fan here. Kennard is the real deal, I'm just worried about his defense. He can find his shot, period. He's great off the screen and great moving w/o the ball. He's good from beyond the arc, and can create off the dribble. Oh, and he passed Lebron James on the Ohio High School Athletic Association career scoring list.

He will be better than JJ Redick for comparison.

PistolPete

Postby spree#8 » June 17, 2017, 4:57 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comm ... sing_fast/
According to Chad Ford's latest intel piece, Luke Kennard is in play as high as 8 and will not make it past 12.
"The hot name moving up fastest: Luke Kennard
Kennard has been a polarizing prospect, but a consensus is starting to form among teams that have evaluated him recently.
He started the college season as a fringe first-round prospect, but in recent weeks he's moved up fast. Based on conversations with GMs this week, I put him in the third tier of first-round-caliber players, but teams are increasingly grouping him with other second-tier prospects.
Kennard has worked out for the Lakers, Knicks, Pistons, Heat and Pacers. He still has workouts scheduled with the Magic, Mavericks and Hornets.
The feedback from teams has been overwhelmingly positive.
"There's no way he gets to us," one GM in the late lottery said. "I don't think there's any way he's out of the top 10. We think he's the best shooter in the draft. We think he's tough. He's more athletic than you think. He really thinks the game. He's the most underrated guy in this draft."
"He's ranked ahead of Malik Monk on our board," another GM said. "He's not as athletic, but he has a much more versatile game and he's less streaky. Monk will be great. An instant scorer coming off the bench. But we think Kennard could be a full-time starter in the league."
Shooting comes at a premium right now in the NBA, and that partially explains the rise in Kennard's stock. But most teams see the former Blue Devil as more than just a shooter.
Right now it looks like the Pistons at No. 12 are Kennard's floor. But he could go higher. The Knicks, according to a team source, are seriously considering taking him at No. 8. And a Lakers source said he'd be a favorite if the team ends up with a second pick in the top 10."
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » June 17, 2017, 7:55 am

"Monk will be great,an instant scorer off the bench"??

That doesn't sound like a lottery pick to me..
taowave

Postby spree#8 » June 17, 2017, 9:17 am

taowave wrote:"Monk will be great,an instant scorer off the bench"??

That doesn't sound like a lottery pick to me..

The consensus around the league is that he has all-star potential. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39767&start=280#p705899
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » June 17, 2017, 10:29 am

I was surprised by that quote regarding Monk,though if he can't play the point,I think his size and dinosaur arms will severly limit him at the 2.
taowave

Postby Geolink » June 17, 2017, 12:08 pm

Yeah, no thanks at Monk.

Just give me Frank.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby StevoStarks » June 17, 2017, 10:57 pm

Thanks Pistol and Spree for the Luke info. I'm pleasantly surprised and won't totally lose my shit if we pick him. Definitely some good info on the kid. I guess I just fear he'll be more of a Kyle Singler and less of a JJ. But I have to admit I thought JJ would be trash in the NBA so shows what I know.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby H20Knick » June 18, 2017, 12:33 am

If we draft Luke, I want irv to ban me from this site forever
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby taowave » June 18, 2017, 12:54 am

I have had to wade thru Phil's shit for 3 years to land Luke Kenard??

No human being deserves that fate,not even a Knick fan
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » June 18, 2017, 2:08 am

Maybe the Knicks are moving Melo to Dallas for Matthews and their pick and kenard.
Championship or bust.
gradyandrew

Postby cragganmor » June 18, 2017, 9:56 am

Celts and sixers have agreed in principle to swap the #1 and #3 pick, so there could be someone that slides down the board on draft night
cragganmor

Postby Geolink » June 18, 2017, 10:16 am

gradyandrew wrote:Maybe the Knicks are moving Melo to Dallas for Matthews and their pick and kenard.

Would he go to Dallas tho?
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby Don Che » June 18, 2017, 10:26 am

I doubt it cragg they were both ahead of us anyway so I doubt it effects us too much
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » June 18, 2017, 12:40 pm

H20Knick wrote:If we draft Luke, I want irv to ban me from this site forever

Irv can IP block me from the site if that shit happens.........literally, give me a "cannot connect to this site" white screen every time I try to go to NYKFP after Phil does the MOST ABSURD with our #8 pick
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby taowave » June 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

If we were in a parallel universe where Phil didn't have one foot on a banana peel,he could go for Kenard...

He's going with Frank or Monk assuming Fox is gone..
taowave

Postby Muzhik1 » June 18, 2017, 4:59 pm

I think Phil would most likely draft Frank if he is there. The thing is, the Mavs really want to draft him. Would they move up for him by swapping picks with Minnesota? It's possible.
Muzhik1

Postby cragganmor » June 18, 2017, 5:41 pm

Don Che wrote:I doubt it cragg they were both ahead of us anyway so I doubt it effects us too much

Agree, but there is one scenario, not likely but possible; lal picks josh at #2 and lonzo slides down the board since he didn't work out or talk to anyone except the Lakers and nobody wants to put up with lavar's bs.

Supposedly, lonzo did not impress during workouts with lal and appeared out of shape.
cragganmor

Postby H20Knick » June 18, 2017, 5:59 pm

cragganmor wrote:Agree, but there is one scenario, not likely but possible; lal picks josh at #2 and lonzo slides down the board since he didn't work out or talk to anyone except the Lakers and nobody wants to put up with lavar's bs.

Supposedly, lonzo did not impress during workouts with lal and appeared out of shape.

yeah but i also heard JJ's workout in LA was "awful"
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby cragganmor » June 18, 2017, 6:04 pm

I could believe that jj tanked his workout in la, but lonzo had every reason to shine but has to be seen as an epic fail
cragganmor

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 19, 2017, 6:36 am

Frank's team just lost game 3 of the French finals. They are losing the serie 2-1 and could be done by next game (first team to 3 wins here).

I watched the end of this game 3:
- Frank played remarkable defense (1stl, 1blck in 23min). He committed the fouls when needed and avoided overcommiting. He looked really mature.

- In offense, he was way less impressive for sure (8pts, 0 reb, 1 pd, 2/6 2-pts, 1/4 3-pts). He isn't the first option and he was playing more 2 than 1. He was bringing the ball up, started the play, but quickly went to a corner waiting for a shot. Idk much about strategy but from I gathered it looked like triangle.

- He made a quasi-decisive block toward the end of the game when his team was +1. Unfortunately he had the open winning jump shot but missed and they ended up losing to a coast-tocoast from an anynomous guy who took an incredible shot from the corner with 2 defensers on top of him. Cruel.
NewlyKnicked

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks