Melo vs Phil, the Neverending Shyt Show...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Melo vs Phil, the Neverending Shyt Show...

Postby gradyandrew » February 24, 2017, 8:23 pm

wash, of all the guys on this page I have to say it's your destiny to save this team. no bullshit, if any one can pull it off, it's going to be you.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Re: Knicks and Clippers seek third team for Carmelo Anthony deal

Postby cheftom » February 24, 2017, 10:35 pm

spree#8 wrote:How many millions do we have to get together? Wow, 3.3 billions according to Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-knicks/# :blink:

washingtonparkjones wrote:Might take double that to force it. Need to make an offer so good it would violate the business judgment rule to not take it.

Reminds me of this scene from the old movie Heaven Can Wait:

Former owner: He got my team. The son of a bitch got my team.
Advisor to former owner: What kind of pressure did he use, Milt?
Former owner: Well, I asked for sixty-seven million, and he said "okay."
Advisor to former owner: Ruthless bastard.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
cheftom

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » March 20, 2017, 6:01 pm

Reopens thread like...

Carmelo Anthony wonders if he’ll ever be a championship contender with Knicks: ‘I think about it a lot’

... Depending on how the Clippers' season ends, they could conceivably reach out to the Knicks again this summer about Anthony.

“Over the years I’ve grown to like it,” Anthony said of living part-time in Los Angeles. “I think as you get older you start looking for places where you can kind of relax and enjoy it, you know, the family can be good. I think over the years this is, L.A. has been the place where my family feels comfortable at. We’ve been here. I want to say seven years now.”

Link
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » March 20, 2017, 7:08 pm

Cool....we will trade you to the Lakers
Don Che

Postby Geolink » March 20, 2017, 8:19 pm

YES! Get him the fuck out of here so we can finally rebuild.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby Don Che » March 20, 2017, 8:25 pm

Ingram and contracts for Melo??
Don Che

Postby noypi » March 20, 2017, 8:26 pm

Don Che wrote:Cool....we will trade you to the Lakers

Deng and their 2017 1st rd pick/Russell works. :? Any trade would have to include Deng to match salaries.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Don Che » March 20, 2017, 8:29 pm

They'll keep this pick but Deng/Ingram and Black for Melo?

Would you guys do it?

Could have KP/Ingram/2017 pick as the core?
Don Che

Postby noypi » March 20, 2017, 8:40 pm

^I don't think Ingram would be available. Considering the Lakers would likely draft a pg with their pick with Ball or Fultz, I think Russell is more expendable. But I can't help but feel excited if we have a core of KP/Ingram and our 2017 pick. With Russell, yeah okay I guess.

It all comes down to Melo waiving his NTC, and he can veto a trade with the Lakers if he feels the Lakers are giving up too much. He'd want a quick rebuild with LA and compete right away.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby taowave » March 20, 2017, 9:45 pm

There is zero chance of that happening

Don Che wrote:They'll keep this pick but Deng/Ingram and Black for Melo?

Would you guys do it?

Could have KP/Ingram/2017 pick as the core?
taowave

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » March 21, 2017, 12:25 pm

noypi wrote:Deng and their 2017 1st rd pick/Russell works. :? Any trade would have to include Deng to match salaries.

I don't see it happening but this would be the most likely scenario.

Would replacing Rose's defense with Russell's be considered an upgrade :?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » March 21, 2017, 12:29 pm

the way i see it..Korver got a lot back..cousins got nothing back.

Next years lakers pick doesnt go to them i think it goes to Philly

Magic is a new president and may want to do a splash

and most of the time..stars are traded to places that were never mentioned before.

Lakers/CHA/Portland are the random teams i see getting into the sweepstakes if Melo is dead set on leaving.
Don Che

Postby Don Che » March 21, 2017, 12:29 pm

the way i see it..Korver got a lot back..cousins got nothing back.

and most of the time..stars are traded to places that were never mentioned before.

Lakers/CHA/Portland are the random teams i see getting into the sweepstakes if Melo is dead set on leaving.
Don Che

Postby rebound » March 21, 2017, 5:30 pm

Don Che wrote:the way i see it..Korver got a lot back..cousins got nothing back.

I can see the Lakers trading for Melo.
Not using their top 3 pick or Ingram of course, but Russel or Randle might be on the table.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby nazrmohamed » March 21, 2017, 9:12 pm

Well I don't see the Lakers giving up any picks this year, maybe in the future but not in a year they got these studs coming in. So in leu of that Russell would have to be a starting point in any conversation and seeing as he would be coming anyway Id make them throw in Julius Randall as well. Deng becomes pretty much an inconsequential salary match. Might even waive him and let him win elsewhere or see if some playoff team can flip us some young project along with 2 second rounders.

But since I just have to. Id like the idea of pairing Russel and KP. And our draft pick themselves could be thrown right in. I can see any PG advertised coming in and doing well with these shooters at thier disposal. I get Russell don't get a ton of love. Maybe just isn't that dude but right now Im just trying to steal the knicks with multiple lottery talents and what's different from this and something like what the Sixers do is I wouldn't rebuild totally blind of positions and how players fit in. And in today's nba my guiding force are guys who can shoot and guys who can pass.

Imagine
SmithJR/Russell/ KP
Russell/Isaac/KP

That aint a bad start to a full rebuild.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby big_j_NY » March 21, 2017, 9:15 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Well I don't see the Lakers giving up any picks this year, maybe in the future but not in a year they got these studs coming in. So in leu of that Russell would have to be a starting point in any conversation and seeing as he would be coming anyway Id make them throw in Julius Randall as well. Deng becomes pretty much an inconsequential salary match. Might even waive him and let him win elsewhere or see if some playoff team can flip us some young project along with 2 second rounders.

But since I just have to. Id like the idea of pairing Russel and KP. And our draft pick themselves could be thrown right in. I can see any PG advertised coming in and doing well with these shooters at thier disposal. I get Russell don't get a ton of love. Maybe just isn't that dude but right now Im just trying to steal the knicks with multiple lottery talents and what's different from this and something like what the Sixers do is I wouldn't rebuild totally blind of positions and how players fit in. And in today's nba my guiding force are guys who can shoot and guys who can pass.

Imagine
SmithJR/Russell/ KP
Russell/Isaac/KP

That aint a bad start to a full rebuild.

If the Lakers draft Ball, why would they need to trade away Russell?

As a matter of fact, Lonzo would be the tall POINT GUARD needed to allow Russell to thrive as an undersized scoring guard. Especially considering what Luke Walton is trying to do by trying to "infuse Warriors culture" in the Purple & Gold, a dynamic backcourt of Ball & D'Angelo would be devastating.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » March 21, 2017, 10:49 pm

Knicks will reduce minutes for Carmelo Anthony starting Wednesday vs. Jazz

Link
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » March 22, 2017, 10:11 am

I'm not too sure but I'd assume that the Lakers value Russell more than they value Ingram

Ingram has shown flashes but hasnt done as much as Russell has.

I want Ingram because he fits our style of play...him and the triangle would be DOPE

Russell fits what the baby warriors want to do.

Plus they can also sign a free agent after trading for Melo to make them a win now team.

Imagine a Frank Ntiklina/Ingram/KP trio....3 guys who fit the offense/talent on defense...would be crazy to watch.

Russell just as an attitude(also not a good defender)..i dont like so far...I said the same about Melo before we got him...same with Marbury...Same with Eddy Curry...so maybe thats a sign.

Russell is still very young tho...maybe I'm wrong about him but I think he fits what Walton wants
Don Che

Postby Welcometonycity » March 22, 2017, 11:57 am

No way we get Russell kids got more 40+ point games then Melo this year...........
Welcometonycity

Postby n8 the gr8 » March 22, 2017, 12:40 pm

I'm not a fan of Russel. Am I crazy for thinking that we'd get a better pg at 6 or 7 this year than Russel? Dude struggles defensively, averages 15 and 5 shooting barely over 40% he's not really what I'd want to compliment KP. KP is already suspect defensively and we don't know where he fits, we just can't add another big piece to the core that's not a stud on defense.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks